DRIVESHAFT

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

cwe
80-90 Mem No: 0

DRIVESHAFT

Post by cwe »

Hi
Would like a bit of advice on my CV driveshaft, last year had the whole driveshaft replaced after having a knocking from the rear drivers side ,all well untill coming home from a trip and noticed a knocking again when I went around a roundabout and when I took a right turn,
now been doing a bit of research and it maybe loose bolts (6 spline ) or maybe grease dried up ?
so im going to try and tighten them and see if thats my problem,
but would a drive shaft after say 2000 miles fail this early ? or could it be a cheap inferior replacement fitted ? or could it be something else failing ?
and if it is the driveshaft what does anyone suggest change both sides (whole shafts) at the same time ?
and whats the best ones to purchase , was looking at the brickwerks ones at £180 each, as I don't mind paying for good quality
appreciate your views folks
1990 komet Subaru conversion EJ20

Timburrows
80-90 Mem No: 14187

Re: DRIVESHAFT

Post by Timburrows »

Always good stuff from Brickwerks,cheep joints are cheep for a reason,grease shouldn’t dry up,if it’s a year old return under warranty

cwe
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by cwe »

The thing is I was away in Devon and had to go to the nearest garage to get it replaced ,they changed the whole thing but don't know what one they replaced it with , so could be a cheap one , it cost me about £240 fitted, didn't have a choice really I was on holiday .....
1990 komet Subaru conversion EJ20

Timburrows
80-90 Mem No: 14187

Post by Timburrows »

Might still be worth contacting them to ask,photo of mileage video of knackered driveshaft in situ,nice polite non threatening letter,estimate for replacing and see what they think