Sunnivagon

For documenting and technical details of T25 restorations and major repairs
This section is for major restorations only.where to buy a panel or where to buy window rubbers belong in the bodywork seats and glass section.
Also please note,we need pictures of the restorations,without them posts are pretty useless.[\b]
Picture heavy and detailed threads , not for general banter or advertising
Traders welcome to post but not to advertise blatently
Threads will be cleaned of chit chat.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

jes*b
80-90 Mem No: 10335

Re: Sunnivagon

Post by jes*b »

The MM lives for this. Nothing that a few cups of tea and a bit of chin scratching won't sort out. Let's get it on! :D
Last edited by jes*b on 09 Nov 2012, 22:34, edited 1 time in total.

Plasticman
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1948

Post by Plasticman »

indeed,but imagine its your van and you had a poke about and came across it, :shock: what would you do :idea:
gonna modify the little jig and start to chop the lot out, think i will have to go right into the inner floor area as all the reinforcing parts have suffered so its easier to start from nothing and build it back out,,,,,,i think
mm :rollin

jes*b
80-90 Mem No: 10335

Post by jes*b »

metalmick8y wrote:indeed,but imagine its your van and you had a poke about and came across it, :shock: what would you do

Phone you. ....again :ok

Plasticman
Trader

Post by Plasticman »

pratt :rofl :rofl
yep i suppose you would
mm :wink:

meggles

Post by meggles »

Helen, my love. I think you mean a GTN spray. I have plenty so borrow if you must :wink: I am not an expert but I have some experience. Also I am nowhere near as good a repairman as MM but I can honestly say that your van will come back repaired and looking very tasty (a bit like you).... Oh, sh!!te, I forgot, your hubbys on here now too!!! :run. Seriously, it's the stripping down that looks so negative, just wait for the rebuilding. It just gets better and better! :ok
Last edited by meggles on 10 Nov 2012, 19:22, edited 1 time in total.

LittleMissSunshine
80-90 Mem No: 10589

Post by LittleMissSunshine »

That's the spray - get it on standby! Seriously though am feeling more reassured today :ok

Made me blush btw :oops: !!!!
1988 transporter caravelle Komet. 1.9 petrol.

Plasticman
Trader

Post by Plasticman »

Well an unpleasant afternoon.what started as a repaint has as is often the case ,developed.
spanner work
been replaced with kunifer/copper but still stuck so snap them off and remake is easiest,flexis are good.
i pulled the drum and hub off together as ,a it was stuck to hub and b ,gives me more room to sort the stuck adjuster etc
arms as usual ,stuck cut the bolt through on the inner and there is not much left of the outer but i need to keep part of the fixing to fit the jig for alignment of the new one later,so hades to the rescue
very quick :lol:
now left with this
thats it i think for the weekend, will disect it carefully but need to remove all the old bracket and sill plus cut back to good steel then fabricate back out,
bushes to swop in the arm when they arrive and all will be well
mm :ok

LittleMissSunshine
80-90 Mem No: 10589

Post by LittleMissSunshine »

Forecast is good, enjoy rest of weekend! Let me know if there are any issues with the order :D
1988 transporter caravelle Komet. 1.9 petrol.

ninja.turtle007
80-90 Mem No: 7278

Post by ninja.turtle007 »

You are so going to be doing the work on mine next winter, pretty please! How far in advance do I need to book? I promise you it'll less work than Ms Sunshines. :D

Amazing job you a re doing there. :ok
Full time Explorer http://www.resfeber.co.uk

lloydy
80-90 Mem No: 5262

Post by lloydy »

Back on the queue ninja!
Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you

Plasticman
Trader

Post by Plasticman »

I may retire and seek new challenges
mm :rofl

evilnoodle
80-90 Mem No: 10633

Post by evilnoodle »

Don't you flipping dare :evil:
Jane :-)

LIVE YOUR DREAMS......................except for the one about being eaten by a giant spider!

meggles

Post by meggles »

metalmick8y wrote:I may retire and seek new challenges
mm :rofl
The new James Bond? New head of the BBC news?
Or maybe the Prime Minister? You will reduce the fuel tax for T25 owners won't you? :ok

meggles

Post by meggles »

Am I missing something? It's gone quiet on here! :?

Plasticman
Trader

Post by Plasticman »

Well been waiting for a rather important bit whicjh got sort of lost by the carriers and i had other stuff that couldnt wait anyhows.
I will start my festive re-season with these home made pies , the mince is 4yr old steeped in JD, plus bannana muffins.
now as ive come this far there is zero point doing half a job, also why make life difficult for yourself trying to fabricate in awkward spot so cut out all rot and get back to good clean so...
bottom of C post removed and reveals the bit of rust to the bottom of the reinforcing plate, as im changing the whole sill out then maya as well make it easy and cut this off too, not much more holding it in ,then ooops
there was a little meat left on the end of the outrigger,as you can see the cut marks.
which now leaves this
and the end of the outrigger
last bit of the innersill to remove, note it was and still is coated in waxoyl eq't
and so we are left with
nothing :rofl will chop a bit more out and tidy it up , got the front arch and jp to dismantle and then start to refabricate the outrigger end and fit the innersill back then locate the trailing arm mount and all will be as it should
mm :D