Sliding door

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Mawsy
80-90 Mem No: 0

Sliding door

Post by Mawsy »

Hi all I put this on general chat
to find a solution, my sliding door on my 1998 caravell has dropped at the right hand side when closed, I can lift it to incorrect position but this lifts the roller out of the track, grateful for any advice cheers Mawsy

Jim San
80-90 Mem No: 13133

Re: Sliding door

Post by Jim San »

one of the mounts has slipped - at a guess.
1991 (LHD) Syncro kombi 1.9MTDi 1Z (Landy fuel pump) 215/70/16
Life's to short to drink s@@t beer.
'Roads? We don't need roads where we're going'

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Post by Aidan »

middle mount plate has moved or track or roller wheel bearing has collapsed, you need to remove the door card from the sliding door to access the three bolts to adjust the height and remove the cover which is held on with 2 small screws at the bottom front and rear edges accessible from underneath to remove the cover, the plastic filler is sandwiched between the cover and the body

Mawsy

Post by Mawsy »

Ok cheers for that Widen will have a look Mawsy 2.1 automatic 110 bhp

Mawsy

Post by Mawsy »

Sorry Aiden predictive text

Aluman

Post by Aluman »

Mawsy wrote:Hi all, as per title, the sliding door on my 1998 caravell drops at the right hand side when closed leaving an uneven gap I can close this gap by lifting the right side of the door, but this lifts the top roller out of the track, any easy fix please cheers Mawsy

Hi
This could be the top or bottom roller / track or adjustment. Firstly, check the bolts on the bottom bracket, making sure tight. Now clean any debris from the upper and lower retaining rails, ensuring smooth roller passage. (old grease love dirt)
Outside the van, the rail cover can be removed, the two crosshead screw can be an issue but can easily drilled out. Wiggle the outer cover to break the gasket (hot soapy water will help), using a flat piece of wood on the panel edge tap up. This rail may be badly corroded and will need a heavy cleaning / sanding /painting. Grease on assembly.
Failing that, new rollers or hinge maybe required.
Hope that helps