Sliding door

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

dogbreath100
80-90 Mem No: 6251

Sliding door

Post by dogbreath100 »

Out of work for the foreseeable future due to Covid 19 and have time on my hands .
Need to replace the outer sill on the sliding door side . I have been putting off for the last 2 years or so .
Need to take off the door for easier access , how do I go about it , it’s an 84 early I think. Thanks in advance
1984 1.9 diesel1y

jerrybus
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Sliding door

Post by jerrybus »

Hi, I've just removed mine after reading a thread but can't find it to link to this. Fwiw there is a notch in the main rail (about halfway), the main hinge/runner (rear of the door) just lifts out. I removed the cover first but someone said this wasn't strictly necessary (?). You then slide the door to the rear and angle it outwards from the trailing edge to release the upper and lower front runners. It's a stretch on your own, two would be easier but it is doable thanks to whoever posted the original guidance.

dogbreath100
80-90 Mem No: 6251

Re: Sliding door

Post by dogbreath100 »

y jimpainter » 11 Jul 2012, 19:55

1,Take off the sliding door track cover
2,open the door and slide it back until the door track runner is level with the cutout in the track.
3,lift door runner off the track and slide door backwards until it stops.
4, swing the door around (as in like a normal door would open) and when you get to a certain angle the lower runner will slide out of the groove.
Done.
Found this , thanks Jerrybus.
Door off now for the fun .
1984 1.9 diesel1y