Cab and Sliding Door Closures

Technical questions & answers only, you must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Forum rules
Technical questions & answers only. Please try to search the Wiki or Tech Archive first.
Lewis and Bee
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Cab and Sliding Door Closures

Post by Lewis and Bee »

Hello,

I am now undertaking refitting 'new' (2nd hand) Sliding door seals, and does anyone know, or can provide photos, of the correct orientation? There is quite a lot of contrasting information regarding the 5-inch flap section on one of the upright sections of the seal - I have seen it placed at the front latch, and the rear latch..

Any help appreciated :-)

davidoft1
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 16628

Post by davidoft1 »

Lewis and Bee wrote: 21 Jun 2023, 10:13 Hello,

I am now undertaking refitting 'new' (2nd hand) Sliding door seals, and does anyone know, or can provide photos, of the correct orientation? There is quite a lot of contrasting information regarding the 5-inch flap section on one of the upright sections of the seal - I have seen it placed at the front latch, and the rear latch..

Any help appreciated :-)

At the back, you’ll see when you close the door it fits around the back of the door , make sure
You have a RHD one

Lewis and Bee
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by Lewis and Bee »

Ok, super so is it like this?...
I feel it should sit a little lower, but the length of the rubber dictates to height, so i guess its right?...

There are still sources online which suggest it goes a the front.  Most confusing

ImageImage