Golf Headlight Switch

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

steveo9007
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 16902

Golf Headlight Switch

Post by steveo9007 »

So this has been a job i have had on my list for a while and now i have completed it, i used information from Syncro Sports website to complete this job and this was only the headlight switch part.

Parts required are :-

T3 dash air vent, 281 819 703A, this is used to hold the golf Headlight switch

Replacement lighting switch that includes foglight on / off, mine was from a VW Golf which i got from Leo, with enough pigtail of harness - 30cm long so you can connect to current writing underneath dash, i got mine from a scrappy

this is it fitted into the air vent from the drivers side, there is some cutting out to be done to the air vent which is documented in Syncro Sports Instrument website which i followed.

Once you have this it can fitted into the hole that the vent was removed from.

The next bit is to wire it up to the wiring you have for your headlights and fog switch, i cut these one at a time and matched what was given in the documentation from Syncro Sports website, i used quick release wiring connectors for my job but you can solder if you want or use other connections currently on the market. See below for wiring

In my instance there was x4 wires that weren't used as i dont have front foglights fitted to my van. I made sure aswell that i didn't cut to close to the original plugs removed as i can reference back if i ever went back to original T25 switches.

Now it is all connected, time for a test and see if everything is working as it was before, including the dimmer and foglight on light, so a fairly straight forward job and i now only have the handbrake light on the dash as i removed and fitted the hazard switch on there steering column a while back.

I think in time i might go the Syncro Sport dash but for now im happy with what i got, thanks must go to Syncro Sports website for the information on getting this done.

All referencing was from here :- https://syncrosport.com
Last edited by steveo9007 on 27 Nov 2022, 13:18, edited 2 times in total.
1985 RHD Pop Top Autosleeper, 1.7D KY Engine 4 Speed ALD Gearbox (Bertie)

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Re: Golf Headlight Switch

Post by Aidan »

SYNCRO

:rofl

Syncrosports.com

steveo9007
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 16902

Re: Golf Headlight Switch

Post by steveo9007 »

Aidan wrote: 27 Nov 2022, 13:12 SYNCRO

:rofl

Syncrosports.com

Bugger apologies  :rofl edited it now  :ok
1985 RHD Pop Top Autosleeper, 1.7D KY Engine 4 Speed ALD Gearbox (Bertie)