Labcraft control unit problem t25 autosleeper

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

mike2drummond
80-90 Mem No: 0

Labcraft control unit problem t25 autosleeper

Post by mike2drummond »

I am trying to understand an issue I am having with the control unit on my vw t25 1987 1.9 dg engine. It is an auto sleeper conversion with a Labcraft control unit

This was working fine but I had problems with a split charge relay blowing fuses frequently so I changed it for a voltage sensing unit and things seemed better.

Now when I test the battery at the unit I see only the red led lit rather than it plus amber and green.

The battery input voltage is 12.6v and an attached led light works as does the pump but a usb charging outlet will not work. The voltage supplied to it oscillates between 11.6 and 10.2 which seems strange.

There is a device in the unit that looks like a relay but there is no voltage on any of the 4 contacts.

The only other thing I can think of is that I replaced the standard usb outlet with one which indicated voltage but it worked ok after this change.

Does anyone have any knowledge of this Labcraft unit? There is no model number

Mike

steveo9007
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 16902

Re: Labcraft control unit problem t25 autosleeper

Post by steveo9007 »

Here is how it is wired up might help you in how it connects to your van, i removed mine out of my van as i replaced it with a 12 line fuse box for all my different services i have in the van,

1985 RHD Pop Top Autosleeper, 1.7D KY Engine 4 Speed ALD Gearbox (Bertie)