JP group replacement CE1 fuse box - Anyone used one?

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

cobblers
80-90 Mem No: 17450

JP group replacement CE1 fuse box - Anyone used one?

Post by cobblers »

My fuse box isn't the best, the fuse terminals for my rear blower are pretty scorched and it needs the fuse "fettling" pretty often to keep it going. Luckily it's a LHD van so I can do it while on the move and mostly not crash.

With winter coming up I need to get it fixed properly. Faced with a choice of 30 year old 2nd hand fuse boxes a £50-80 or a brand new one for £115 shipped, I would ordinarily rather just get a new one, I don't have a lot of spare time so the premium is fairly well spent to get the job done right, first time.

However I've had some really poor JP group stuff, so I thought I'd check to see if anyone had any experience with them - good or bad?

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Re: JP group replacement CE1 fuse box - Anyone used one?

Post by Aidan »

got a few used ones here, easy enough to take the cover off to check them out

cobblers
80-90 Mem No: 17450

Re: JP group replacement CE1 fuse box - Anyone used one?

Post by cobblers »

I tried taking a CE2 fuse box apart some years ago and it wasn't going to come to bits elegantly - the internal frame/contacts seemed to be heat staked, so I presumed these CE1 was roughly the same.

Happy to buy a decent used one, I'll definitely need at least replacement fuse contacts for this one as they're scorched and tarnished - cleaning stuff like this up never really lasts.