T25 2.1 DJ running issue.

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

escovedo
80-90 Mem No: 5645

T25 2.1 DJ running issue.

Post by escovedo »

My recently purchased T25 DJ  engine van has developed a a running 
problem, the van starts easily and idles perfectly at 900 rpm, revs freely 
when stationary, but when I put it into gear and pull away there is a massive 
flat spot and stalling which makes the van undrivable, any advice or help
from forum members would be much appreciated. My previous van was a 
1.9 DG carb engine type and it was so simple to run/maintain.

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Re: T25 2.1 DJ running issue.

Post by Aidan »

Have you checked out the testing procedures, see the documents for download on Andy's Syncrosport website, good place to start

escovedo

Post by escovedo »

Aidan wrote: 04 Jul 2022, 07:36 Have you checked out the testing procedures, see the documents for download on Andy's Syncrosport website, good place to start

Unfortunately electrics are not my strong point and
 the digifant system looks complicated to me.

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Post by Aidan »

DJ is Digijet and it's simple, there are basically only 5 inputs to the ECU, timing from the hall sensor, temp 1 air temp, temp 2 coolant temp, air flow and idle switch, start with the idle switch as my guess is that isn't set right and the rest of the timing settings are bodged to compensate because whoever worked on it last did it by feel, but I am guessing as anyone else would be without the van in front of them and basic tests done and noted, you only need a £5 multi-meter and ability to follow the instructions in the DJ workshop manual
If you run a T3 it helps to be hands on yourself unless you have a cheap, local, tame, friendly garage who knows 1970s and 1980s engine systems

escovedo

Post by escovedo »

Aidan wrote: 05 Jul 2022, 07:19 DJ is Digijet and it's simple, there are basically only 5 inputs to the ECU, timing from the hall sensor, temp 1 air temp, temp 2 coolant temp, air flow and idle switch, start with the idle switch as my guess is that isn't set right and the rest of the timing settings are bodged to compensate because whoever worked on it last did it by feel, but I am guessing as anyone else would be without the van in front of them and basic tests done and noted, you only need a £5 multi-meter and ability to follow the instructions in the DJ workshop manual
If you run a T3 it helps to be hands on yourself unless you have a cheap, local, tame, friendly garage who knows 1970s and 1980s engine systems

Many thanks Aidan for your advice on this issue.