Turbo or not turbo

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

WKDDOUGSTAR
80-90 Mem No: 0

Turbo or not turbo

Post by WKDDOUGSTAR »

Hi guys I was talking to s mate who has had t25s before and he is saying my van is a turbo.and you can here it but only when you rev faster.I was told when I bought van it was only as 1.6diesel 1984 t25.even sais on mot only 1.6.how easy is it to confirm this ?the guy I know thinks the turbo might be on road out.I have seen service kits you can buy is this quite an easy job replacing bearings etc ?I'm now confused about this bus.lol

Winchweight
80-90 Mem No: 12697

Re: Turbo or not turbo

Post by Winchweight »

Stick your head under and have a look. On our Syncro (when it was still a JX turbo) you could see it below the engine on the left side, just forward of the engine and sump. They did make both 1.6D and 1.6TD versions. If it is a turbo it only kicks in and provides boost above a certain rpm threshold.
http://www.thelittleredbus.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

VW 2.1 WBX DJ Syncro Doka - SOLD
VW 1.9 TDi AHU Syncro Camper

WKDDOUGSTAR
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Turbo or not turbo

Post by WKDDOUGSTAR »

Hi mate yes there is defo a turbo in place and the we rad beside it but just not sure if connected of not and I'm stumped because the guy I bought it from who was a mechanic said it was just s 1.6 diesel not turbo. I thought possibly it was restricted or something. Lol mmm.just want to know really so if it is I can service it and how hard s job is it. Lol thanks for your info mate :)