Holdsworth villa hitop roof beds?

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

max and caddy
80-90 Mem No: 0

Holdsworth villa hitop roof beds?

Post by max and caddy »

Hi...been looking at a villa interior and I'm under the impression it may be possible to fit a roof bunk somehow? Anyone have such a thing?

phil_b

Re: Holdsworth villa hitop roof beds?

Post by phil_b »

Hi, our Villa hitop came with 3 rigid panels that store over the cab area and then slide out to form a bed base, this would need to be covered with a thin foam mat to make a very shallow bunk area, would be a bit coffin like but ok for youngish kids. We use one panel for additional storage above cab, very handy. Would be fairly easy to make up from ply sheet but needs additional strengthening strips or it will buckle in the middle.
1988 T25 Holdsworth Villa Hightop - AAZ conversion

max and caddy

Post by max and caddy »

Thanks Phil...I thought they were an option....do you happen to know if the "bed" is interchangeable with the front upper cupboard or just a different setup...? Either way I think I can knock pm some boards easily enuf for our little bloke as he is only small.

lloydy
80-90 Mem No: 5262

Post by lloydy »

Have you thought about the dehler set up? As you know, the roofs are quite low on them. The bed base hangs on the inner edge of the roof and drops the base lower
http://www.ebay.de/itm/VW-T3-Dehler-hin ... 461d8f44f8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you

max and caddy

Post by max and caddy »

Never seen those...but I will bear it in mind...ta

sinshelley
80-90 Mem No: 10504

Post by sinshelley »

If you are wanting a bunk for a child then you can buy a bunk bed that goes across the two front seats.They cost between 50-70 pounds. :ok
holdsworth villa 3 1.9dg

what we do in life echos in eternity or in the back of your van

phil_b

Post by phil_b »

Our setup still has two shallow cupboards up front, probably only about 6 to 8 inches deep with upwards hinged doors, not sure if that's different to yours.
1988 T25 Holdsworth Villa Hightop - AAZ conversion

max and caddy

Post by max and caddy »

phil_b wrote:Our setup still has two shallow cupboards up front, probably only about 6 to 8 inches deep with upwards hinged doors, not sure if that's different to yours.

I don't actually have it yet as I'm pulling it all out a van on sat morning...but the front cupboard is very large on this one...back as far as th b posts and has both table top in side it at the mo...

max and caddy

Post by max and caddy »

sinshelley wrote:If you are wanting a bunk for a child then you can buy a bunk bed that goes across the two front seats.They cost between 50-70 pounds. :ok

Well yes that may end being an option...I was hoping to see how the roof bunks are made and maybe copy them if possible...if its not possible or whatever then up front it may be.