what are these?

All things round and their alignment to your direction of travel

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

rallye69
80-90 Mem No: 13152

what are these?

Post by rallye69 »

hi, these are on a van at body shop where I am stripping mine down any ideas what make they are?

80-90 Mem No: 3299

Re: what are these?

Post by 1664 »

It's a 'wheel' :ok
Vorsprung Durch Technik my ar$e!

rallye69
80-90 Mem No: 13152

Post by rallye69 »

very good.... :ok

mrhutch
80-90 Mem No: 2698

Post by mrhutch »

merc... can't remember the name, common in 15" still fairly common in 16" as well..

look nice polished, think Keith (niko) has them on his TDi westy
1981 Vanagon Westy Burning oil as fuel...  

lloydy
80-90 Mem No: 5262

Post by lloydy »

Americans call them CLK alloys, name for them over here is 'Toliman' and yep they are off a merc...
Look ok on a syncro......... :mrgreen:
Time is a drug. Too much of it kills you

California Dreamin
80-90 Mem No: 8386

Post by California Dreamin »

Indeed....Mercedes Tolimans.
Very strong (often used by the Syncro boys)
Suitable PCD & offset (depending on the rim size, as there are several options)
You do need the wheel bolt size taking out a little to suit 14mm studs on some.
Straight fit in most cases (after carrying out the above)
Very reasonably priced (if you can find a set).
The centre boss is thin but strong enough to use standard bolts 'apparently'

Martin
Last edited by California Dreamin on 15 Mar 2014, 09:05, edited 3 times in total.
1989 California 2.1MV

JJJackson
80-90 Mem No: 11573

Post by JJJackson »

I have 3 of these wheels sat in my shed, been looking for a third, plenty availble but all absolutely miles away. Look lovely polished up, a guy with a high top syncro near me has them fitted.

delboy1
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by delboy1 »

Yuk.

Mocki
Membership Admin
80-90 Mem No: 428

Post by Mocki »

The 16" don't need the stud holes enlarging iirc.
They will need 10mm spacers and longer studs .
Well mine do.
Steve
tel / txt O7947-137911
👀

1989 2.1LpgWBX HiTop Leisuredrive Camper
1988 2.1 Caravelle TS TinTop Camper 

g60steve
Trader

Post by g60steve »

California Dreamin wrote:Indeed....Mercedes Tolimans. Correct.
Very strong (often used by the Syncro boys) Correct as they are forged rather than cast.
Suitable PCD & offset Correct as in PCD but the offset can vary depending on the size(15" or 16")so spacers,longer front bolts and rear studs may be required depending on that offset?
I believe you can get two difference sizes? so be careful. As per my previous answer.
Do need the wheel bolt & centre bore taking out a little to suit 14mm studs and larger VW T25 front grease caps. Incorrect!!! ALL Mercedes car alloys have a 66mm centre bore so there's no need whatsoever to enlarge the centre bore for a T25! Depending on the size of the Toliman wheels,and their offset,they 'may' need the bolt holes enlarging for 14mm bolts? If the alloys are ET33 and from a W211 Merc they don't as they take 14mm radius seated bolts as standard!
Straight fit (after carrying out the above). ET33 wheels ..yes. ET37 and above require spacers plus longer rear studs and front bolts.
The centre boss is thin but strong enough to use standard bolts 'apparently' The bolt hole thickness is just 7mm...hence why ET33 alloys fit straight on a T25 without the need for longer front bolts and rear studs. ET37 Toliman alloys have the same thickness bolt holes but because of the higher offset they require spacers which then means they also require longer bolts and studs.

Martin
There's no 'r' in bought!

California Dreamin

Well we got there between us Steve......

No need for the English lesson though mate, I left school 35 years ago and I didn't ask anyone for tutoring.
Perhaps I should have said.....the man who buys & sells ALL the Tolimans will be along soon...you are of course the expert having BOUGHT & sold a great number of these wheels.

Martin
1989 California 2.1MV

g60steve
Trader

Post by g60steve »

That's my signature Martin and it's on every single one of my replies so it was not aimed directly at you....

As for getting there between us...it's probably not a good idea to guess answers to questions if you don't know. :ok

California Dreamin

You're a bloody cheeky mare......one of my comments wasn't correct and you rubbish my whole reply....I'm the first to admit when I get something wrong, I can only hope you are so forthcoming when the boot is on the other foot.

Martin
1989 California 2.1MV

g60steve
Trader

Post by g60steve »

California Dreamin wrote:You're a bloody cheeky mare......one of my comments wasn't correct and you rubbish my whole reply....I'm the first to admit when I get something wrong, I can only hope you are so forthcoming when the boot is on the other foot.

Martin

Just the one reply Martin and where have you admitted giving out wrong advice?? :?

1: "I believe you can get two difference sizes?" Obvious guess.
2 wheel sizes(15" & 16") yes but 2 widths & 3 offsets as well.

2: "Do need the wheel bolt & centre bore taking out a little to suit 14mm studs and larger VW T25 front grease caps" Obvious guess.
ALL Mercedes car alloys have a 66mm centre bore so there's no need whatsoever to enlarge the centre bore for a T25! Depending on the size of the Toliman wheels,and their offset,they 'may' need the bolt holes enlarging for 14mm bolts? If the alloys are ET33 and from a W211 Merc they don't as they take 14mm radius seated bolts as standard!

3:"Straight fit (after carrying out the above)" Obvious guess
ET33 wheels ..yes. ET37 and above require spacers plus longer rear studs and front bolts.

4:The centre boss is thin but strong enough to use standard bolts 'apparently' Obvious guess.
The bolt hole thickness is just 7mm...hence why ET33 alloys fit straight on a T25 without the need for longer front bolts and rear studs. ET37 Toliman alloys have the same thickness bolt holes but because of the higher offset they require spacers which then means they also require longer bolts and studs.

If I'm wrong on any of the above(or for any other advice I may give infact) I will openly admit it but....I tend not to reply or give advice to questions asked when I don't know or I'm unsure of the answer....

:ok

California Dreamin

Mine was 'generalized observation' Steve ....you added the detail obviously having gained substantial knowledge of these particular rims because you have traded heavily in them for the last 18 months.
You said I didn't admit I was wrong? and yet in my last post my actual words were that: one of my comments wasn't correct
I follow your own ethos of not generally replying if I don't know the answer. However, in some cases you have to admit, you feel that you know enough to contribute knowing that someone more knowledgeable on the subject will be along to put 'the flesh on the bones' ..that was you in this case Steve.

I was only trying to help but you seem to be taking great delight in turning this into some sort of p..issing contest....Perhaps I was rather naïve in thinking you were of the same mind set as me and you are here to help...maybe you should start diverting your attention from me and get on with the good work that I've seen from you in the past.
Now a thread that gets personal like this is never a good thing, I don't like having to reply like this because it is nothing to do with the original posters question, so lets just get on and do what we do best, help each other to give the best information we can and if one of us gets something wrong, then lets correct that person in a friendly and supportive manner and not undermine when we are all here for the same reasons.

Kindest regards to you Steve, as always.

Martin
1989 California 2.1MV