Anyone know about domestic fridges?

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

meggles

Anyone know about domestic fridges?

Post by meggles »

Beko fridge. Stood a while. Turned it on and after 10 mins the ice box markedly colder. There was the 'hum' of the motor to be heard. Switched off and carefully took over road to neighbour. Today nothing! Not even a gentle hum from the thing. Any ideas anyone? (Control turned to max!). btw, it's not one of the recalled ones.

fazzer
80-90 Mem No: 7803

Re: Anyone know about domestic fridges?

Post by fazzer »

did you leave it to stand for a bit,i recently bought a perfectly running fridge and got it home and nothing,now its not at tip.

Dazco
80-90 Mem No: 10544
Location: Sheffield. 1984 autosleeper trooper. 1.9 petrol called Jambo

Post by Dazco »

I assume you've checked the fuse in the plug , is the light coming on inside ?
Auto sleeper fitted with EJ 20 subaru lump

meggles

Post by meggles »

Light is on. was working when dropped off. I'm sure the clue is the fact that there is no sound of a 'motor' running. It was stood for several hours on each occasion after moving. :?

SKI
80-90 Mem No: 8274

Post by SKI »

Most likely tugged a wiring connection while moving. Also did you leave it long enough before you restarted it, if you plugged it back in too soon it can blow the compressor. Did you tip it up when you moved it, the motor has oil in it, if you tip it the oil can block the pipes, the motor is not designed to pump oil, this can blow it, unless you leave it 24 hrs. Some have a overtemperature & overcurrent protector fitted, if the motor was too hot it will prevent it from starting, could be this on a hot day. Hope that helps, Ski.

meggles

Post by meggles »

SKI wrote:Most likely tugged a wiring connection while moving. Also did you leave it long enough before you restarted it, if you plugged it back in too soon it can blow the compressor. Did you tip it up when you moved it, the motor has oil in it, if you tip it the oil can block the pipes, the motor is not designed to pump oil, this can blow it, unless you leave it 24 hrs. Some have a overtemperature & overcurrent protector fitted, if the motor was too hot it will prevent it from starting, could be this on a hot day. Hope that helps, Ski.
Thanks for the above. I let it stand and it was moved very carefully. I reckon it has expired. :roll:

SKI
80-90 Mem No: 8274

Post by SKI »

When you switch it on can you hear a hum followed by a click from the compressor, if so yes it's kaput.

putney
80-90 Mem No: 3939

Post by putney »

Is it overloaded with beer?!
Ergo bibamus.

meggles

Post by meggles »

SKI wrote:When you switch it on can you hear a hum followed by a click from the compressor, if so yes it's kaput.

No sound, no click. No nuffink except the light comes on. Empty of beer Putters :(