All things round and their alignment to your direction of travel

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Ning
80-90 Mem No: 12066

Re: alloy pollishing

Post by Ning »

Nice job.
Nice bus.
HOW often do you polish them? Our roads down here must be full of aggressive contaminants. I have to polish mine very regularly as they taint easily.
I've used Maas, Belgum Alu, etc. all the same. Brasso/Silvo help make it easier.
One wheel is lacquered. Oh joy! (Wash & Go)
Ok, I'll struggle on 'til lunge time!

1990 Atlantic Pop Top 1.6 TD

paulgg
80-90 Mem No: 7020

Post by paulgg »

Me Ning ?, I just re polish mine as & when, just when they start looking abit grubby :( , & soz, I said I used autosol, it's actually peak I use, just polish the rims up with peak, then that's it, don't put not else on, bit of elbow grease, but a couple of hours work & they're like new again :ok

rikg24
80-90 Mem No: 12226

Post by rikg24 »

Ning wrote:Nice job.
Nice bus.
HOW often do you polish them? Our roads down here must be full of aggressive contaminants. I have to polish mine very regularly as they taint easily.
I've used Maas, Belgum Alu, etc. all the same. Brasso/Silvo help make it easier.
Lacquer the easy way to go then ??

paulgg
80-90 Mem No: 7020

Post by paulgg »

rikg24 wrote:
Ning wrote:Nice job.
Nice bus.
Lacquer the easy way to go then ??
Tis, til water gets under the lacquer , & it starts tracing, just look at any modern alloy wheel, might last a couple of years, but depending how picky you are, they'll end up needing a refurb, & complete strip back :run

Ning
80-90 Mem No: 12066

Post by Ning »

Grease D'Elbow it is then. Tis a good job I enjoy polishing the bus. - therapeutic I find and you see all the bodywork etc issues early.
I saw Peek the other day. I'd not heard of it before. I'll use up the Belgum Alu, then try it.
Having only had laquered wheels before, and keeping them clean and applied a protector barrier coat when polishing the car. They only needed refurbing ( if your particular) after 11 years. Hey ho! So be it. Regular buffing it is. :ok
Cheers
Ok, I'll struggle on 'til lunge time!

1990 Atlantic Pop Top 1.6 TD