blowers??

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

T25luke
80-90 Mem No: 0

blowers??

Post by T25luke »

hi, im not sure if this is the right section. i have a 1982 t25 converted from a 2.0 Aircooled to a 1y diesel watercooled. this is my first t25, so my question is, what do people do about installing blowers/ heater ror the windows and screen etc, as i have the old fashioned 3 lever system, that obviously doesnt work.
thanks guys.

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Re: blowers??

Post by kevtherev »

what most people do is buy a van with a water cooled engine already in.
What you have done is a rare event.

junking the Aircooled pipework, controls, installing the heater matrix, pipework, venting, ducting, operating cables, valves and blower motor is a major event.

so what I would do is get the entire works from a VW show, breaker etc and work it out. as it's removed.
All that said, I'm not sure an air cooled chassis has the mount points for a water cooled heating system. :D
AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)

T25luke
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by T25luke »

hi, the conversion was done before i bought it. its just that the first day i got it the engine blew :( . im in the process of having another engine fitted now. From what vehicle would the heater kit have to come from, possibility of a golf

kevtherev
80-90 Mem No: 2264

Post by kevtherev »

T25luke wrote:hi, the conversion was done before i bought it. its just that the first day i got it the engine blew :( . im in the process of having another engine fitted now. From what vehicle would the heater kit have to come from, possibility of a golf

eerr it's a t25... I'd go for one of them :D

the heater gubbins is common to both diesel and petrol
AGG 2.0L 8V. (Golf GTi MkIII)