My t25 is dead , new engine I think

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Chimpt25
80-90 Mem No: 0

My t25 is dead , new engine I think

Post by Chimpt25 »

Hi newbie here again :shock:
I have recently purchased a t25 1980 1.6 petrol ,
How much roughly and were a outs could I get a engine replace and fitted thanks I'm in Essex , sorry for he simple question I'm new to vw :?

Mickyfin
80-90 Mem No: 10312

Re: My t25 is dead , new engine I think

Post by Mickyfin »

Welcome to the forums. What makes you think the engine is dead? What mileage is on it?
Owner of Flintstone, our T3/25 Caravelle C Syncro 1.9 Petrol.

Chimpt25

Post by Chimpt25 »

Right , wheni bought her she had just had a recon engine put in as pose to have only done 10,000 but the clock says 69.000 ,

And why I think she's dead is ,
I was poodling along at about 55mph for about 30 mins then all of a sudden engine cuts out and I change gear to bump why moving still and it was like I put the breaks on , so I pulled over and nothing it wouldn't start , the plastick corner to the bumper above the exhaust had melted and there was oil on the floor ( not lots tho) , I got lifted home , then this morning tried to start her up but all I'm getting when turning the key is a loud clonk :( ,
What's every one think Is she dead
, I think she has been cooked ?

Chimpt25

Post by Chimpt25 »

Right , wheni bought her she had just had a recon engine put in as pose to have only done 10,000 but the clock says 69.000 ,

And why I think she's dead is ,
I was poodling along at about 55mph for about 30 mins then all of a sudden engine cuts out and I change gear to bump why moving still and it was like I put the breaks on , so I pulled over and nothing it wouldn't start , the plastick corner to the bumper above the exhaust had melted and there was oil on the floor ( not lots tho) , I got lifted home , then this morning tried to start her up but all I'm getting when turning the key is a loud clonk :( ,
What's every one think Is she dead
, I think she has been cooked ?

Mickyfin
80-90 Mem No: 10312

Post by Mickyfin »

Can you manually turn the engine over via the crank? Remove a spark plug, which should help.
Owner of Flintstone, our T3/25 Caravelle C Syncro 1.9 Petrol.