1.9td aaz engine overheat now wont start

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

beatnick

1.9td aaz engine overheat now wont start

Post by beatnick »

Hi folks
Well it was a hot day however the gauge went up the fan cut in the gauge went down, all good, a few miles later the gauge went off the scale and the red light was going bonkers, pulled in to a service station to cool down ( got a puncture in the process) lots of steam from the tank at the back but once it had cooled off there was no loss of water from said tank. A couple of miles more same thing happened.No heat from heaters (headgasket?) Got a tow home from a mate. the engine would run on tickover without any obvious problems at the temp gauge but as soon as any load or revs applied up went the needle again. Left it for a couple of days went to start it, now it wont fire up and i have white smoke coming from the vents (crewcab by the way)
This sounds expensive doesnt it :(
I know nothing about science so i hope someone here can suggest what the problem may be .
Thanks
nick

armyphil
80-90 Mem No: 6328

Re: 1.9td aaz engine overheat now wont start

Post by armyphil »

Try the dalek cap first, it might be a cheap fix?

As for not running will it turn over??
You can say alot of of things with "ar"

1984 syncro westfalia

beatnick

Post by beatnick »

Thanks
the engine spins but wont start and when my lad shouted SMOKE i turned it off and got scared to try again. Could the dalek cap be faulty then?

beatnick

Post by beatnick »

Just checked the dalek cap and i can blow and suck which is not good ( it takes some doing but the fags dont help) I could be digging myself a hole with that last sentence! :D
Also the tank is empty but the rear tank is full .

armyphil
80-90 Mem No: 6328

Post by armyphil »

Just call if you like on 07732299324 so much easier than tooing and froing on here
You can say alot of of things with "ar"

1984 syncro westfalia

beatnick

Post by beatnick »

Thanks Phil,nice talking to you, stay safe mate.
nick