Devon lanes & touring weekend

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

rogerg-wagon
80-90 Mem No: 1669

Re: Devon lanes & touring weekend

Post by rogerg-wagon »

Did someone mention a trials Beetle, have been green laning with the Baja Boys in Cornwall recently and being a veteran with Beetles in the mud....watch out, there isnt much thats better in the mud other than a 4X4 with M/T tyres. :ok

jes*b
80-90 Mem No: 10335

Post by jes*b »

silverbullet wrote:Seal those air intakes people!
Ok what should I check on the Doka , barely even looked under the lid since owned.

max.karisma
80-90 Mem No: 3693

Post by max.karisma »

Clive & Jenny
Neil, Sally, Maddie and the Dog
lloyd hopefully
Pete and Ali definately
Emma and John and mutts
Rich, Lisa, Finn and Ed
Greg
Craig, Lee and girls and the mutt
Ian, plus some offspring
Jes?
Roger & Julia
Rollercoaster?
dirty-syncro-lover?
Max
Dream as if you will live forever; Live as if you will die today, James Dean

HarryMann
Admin/Mod
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by HarryMann »

Oops! There's never any (formalised) driving tuition as such in Devon, that only happens when there's a suitable site with suitable terrain, and enough marshalls and drivers to help. This is basically lane driving, skills are considered 'pre-existing' - that experience, induction etc is the main reason for Shipston, Coney Farm and SP fixed site events.. not that honing other skills and the social side are to be completely ignored :wink:
The 80-90 Tech Wikipedia Your 1st port of call :idea

1.9TD Syncro Doka / Syncro Kastenwagen / 16" Kombi Camper
Syncronaut No. 1

rogerg-wagon

Post by rogerg-wagon »

OK, Re the lanes and nice Syncros, dont follow Roger,.......thats me! We will go out in groups I suspect and the lanes chosen will hopefully suit those with a nervous disposition as well as people like me! :roll: :?
We aim to make it enjoyable for all who attend wether you have a nice Van or not so fear not, we will be careful where we tred. :ok

axeman
80-90 Mem No: 6410

Post by axeman »

rogerg-wagon wrote:OK, Re the lanes and nice Syncros, dont follow Roger,.......thats me! :ok
:D :D :D :D

can i come out to play roger?

see you in a couple of weeks

neil
Back in the game with an uncut 2wd panel van

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Post by silverbullet »

Looks like the gods may finally be ready to favour us with some warmer weather :D About time too, I'm itching to get this engine in but I'm damned if I'll slither about in the slime for that job!

rogerg-wagon

Post by rogerg-wagon »

Neil,have asked Julia, Yes we are allowed to play together, as long as I am home for tea..... and dont stop in the pub for too long.
Ian dont engineers have workshops,tell your Dad its time he let you work in a nice warm shed for a change, Im sure he has space in their somewhere amongst all the Jags,:lol: :lol: :run

jed the spread
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1967

Post by jed the spread »

I was going to come for the weekend but decided to book this Sundays early morning ferry just now and go off touring Europe with my Family again for a month instead. Have fun, hope the weather is kind to you all :mrgreen:

jed
CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM

VW T25 Van Spares, Westfalia Parts, Quality Camping Gear & More

ELVIS
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3111

Post by ELVIS »

Will probably amble over one evening to abuse some of you!

If anyone gets 'stuck' for stuff en route gimme a shout 07857 337 977 (i live in exeter). Got an account with GSF and can probably rustle up spares to get people home without recovery. Give me enough notice and can nip to unit and drag tools and stuff out if needs be. :ok

rogerg-wagon

Post by rogerg-wagon »

Our dear El President Clive has asked if I would lead a group over this weekend, though he is clearly misguided I have agreed BUT do not have a navigator capable of reading a map.
Is there a suitable volunteer that wishes to risk life & limb in the passenger seat of my single cab for some of the weekend?
I promise not to scare anyone.........just kidding, :? but will need some help please. :)

silverbullet
Trader

Post by silverbullet »

rogerg-wagon wrote:Neil,have asked Julia, Yes we are allowed to play together, as long as I am home for tea..... and dont stop in the pub for too long.
Ian dont engineers have workshops,tell your Dad its time he let you work in a nice warm shed for a change, Im sure he has space in their somewhere amongst all the Jags,:lol: :lol: :run

I'm one of the driveway heroes Roger! I want to get the loading bay re-instated at work, still occupied by 6 tons of heavy milling machine and a radial drill at the moment...

Any model makers out there? We've got a lovely little as-new Senior mill for sale, late model c/w drilling quill head, swing table, power long feed...3 phase but only 2hp so suitable for running on an inverter :wink:

PS bunked off school yesterday avo and got the motor in al-fresco :D but broke an engine rubber stud off so that stopped me dead :evil: so close I can taste it!

max.karisma
80-90 Mem No: 3693

Post by max.karisma »

rogerg-wagon wrote:Our dear El President Clive has asked if I would lead a group over this weekend, though he is clearly misguided I have agreed BUT do not have a navigator capable of reading a map.
Is there a suitable volunteer that wishes to risk life & limb in the passenger seat of my single cab for some of the weekend?
I promise not to scare anyone.........just kidding, :? but will need some help please. :)
I would love to help :run . . . but I have my own syncro to drive :)

Looking forward to seeing you both :D
Dream as if you will live forever; Live as if you will die today, James Dean

ermie571
80-90 Mem No: 2129

Post by ermie571 »

hubby pretty good at map reading.....have you got a bench seat? can u cope with two passengers? or is there someone who can ride with me?

Em
:ok
xx
2.1 DJ 1990 Caravelle (died and gone to heaven)
2.0 AGG (1997 ish) 1984 transporter LPG

silverbullet
Trader

Post by silverbullet »

Don't worry Em, no-one's going to take off and leave you in the wilds of Devon! If past events are much to go by, there will be guided groups going out, usually varying experience-based. A working CB is useful but not essential, but you do miss out on the banter without one :wink:

I'm sure the gang can sort out a bit of syncro basic tuition the evening before, there will be enough experienced pilots there (not me, I'm utterly incompetent) but TBH it's not that difficult on sensible lanes. You'll be amazed what a syncro will accommodate without you even knowing. It's only the videos and pics that show just how far that 4th wheel was off the ground or just how steep the side slope wasn't...