Oil pressure buzzer (of doom?)

Big lumps of metals and spanners. Including servicing and fluids.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

itchyfeet
80-90 Mem No: 12733

Re: Oil pressure buzzer (of doom?)

Post by itchyfeet »

silverbullet wrote: The pressure drop between there and the low pressure switch tapping will be negligable.

Dunno maybe if you have a good engine but if it's leaky I'd have said the pressure will drop along the gallery because the pump can't keep up with the flow, never studied fluid dynamics :?:
1988 DG WBX LPG Tin Top
1989 DJ digijet WBX Holdsworth Villa 3 Pop Top
itchylinks

mbcamper
80-90 Mem No: 13121

Post by mbcamper »

okay there are mixed feelings about the best place to place your oil pressure sensor the the gauge. I did look into the the sandwich plate option and decided that this would cause the oil filter to almost touch the side of the exhaust so unless I mess with shorter filter this isn't ideal.

So a pressure sender is likely to be connected via an extension tube like this:

https://www.brickwerks.co.uk/oil-pressu ... 3-wbx.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I've even acquired this gauge pod from Brickwerks which gives a tidy place for gauges to be placed:

So if I also wanted to have an oil temperature gauge too, where is the sensor for that best connected? I'm assuming it's no good connecting it at the end of an extension tube and it really should be connected into the engine directly.

itchyfeet
80-90 Mem No: 12733

Post by itchyfeet »

yep temperature must be in the oil
Mine is drilled in the pressure relief valve plug because it's a cheapo that doesn't have an M10x1 thread

here you are

https://www.vwheritage.com/shop/V323100 ... /#esp_pg=3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

1988 DG WBX LPG Tin Top
1989 DJ digijet WBX Holdsworth Villa 3 Pop Top
itchylinks