A question about seals. Rubber, not cute furry things.

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

KateLovesPurple
80-90 Mem No: 17577

A question about seals. Rubber, not cute furry things.

Post by KateLovesPurple »

I've tried and tried to find the info I need, including asking on the Foster and Day FB group, but so far no help.

I am needing to replace the door seals on my Foster and Day coachbuilt, the habitation door, and I'm not totally sure what I need. The old seal that goes around the door is a T and bubble profile, with a 5mm T that slides in to a track with a 9mm bubble. This one I am fairly happy with and can get quite easily. The one I really need help with is the one that sits on the top edge of the bottom door. It is a split/stable door affair. At the moment there is just a length of windscreen rubber slotted in to the track, but this must be wrong. It looks like it is a 5mm track again, but what profile rubber it is, is anyones guess. Maybe a T profile? Like the wiper balde but obviously bigger? Don't know.

Does anyone know? Or could someone with a F&D or maybe Karmann Gipsy/Cheetah have a look and let me know?

Thank you!
Kate

ZsZ
80-90 Mem No: 14899

Re: A question about seals. Rubber, not cute furry things.

Post by ZsZ »

It seems like standard motorhome door seal if I understood your description

https://www.sealsdirect.co.uk/shop/cate ... -seals-615
Zoltan
1986 Multivan ex-Caravelle. Van since 2006, running mTDi 1Z since 2008 with Fiat Croma 1.9 TDid pump 2008-2019, custom pump since 2019
5spd custom box 4.57 diff + 0.74 5th