engine upgrade to AFN 1.9TDI

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Marktwain

engine upgrade to AFN 1.9TDI

Post by Marktwain »

Been dipping into  posts about engine swaps recently, as I had my venerable (read; smoky, smelly and slow) old JX replaced by an AFN 1.9 TDI and the following just occurred to me:
I have updated my insurance with the new details , but my V5 still shows to OLD JX 1.6 Engine number , so I assume I have to tell DVLA about the change and provide to new number and get a new V5? 
Anyone been thru this process ? TIA

colinthefox
80-90 Mem No: 16447

Re: engine upgrade to AFN 1.9TDI

Post by colinthefox »

Changed my engine 13 years ago from CS to AEF. I notified DVLA by filling in the relevant bits of the V5.They wanted a receipt and documentary evidence of the change from an established motor trader on headed paper. I'd bought the engine cash without a receipt and installed it myself. I told them I'd been given the engine, and got my MOT tester to confirm the engine type change and new number. They accepted that and sent a new V5 no problem. While I was about it, at the same time I registered the max vehicle weight at 2430kg so I could be low emission zone compliant with a motor caravan of less than 2500kg.
1.9D (AEF) pop-top. Aaaaahhhhh........that's better.