Starter motor

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

T3luestar
80-90 Mem No: 13845

Re: Starter motor

Post by T3luestar »

R0B wrote: 24 Nov 2022, 15:13 I got fed up with ordinary starter motors and their problems. I bought a hi torque one (not cheap) and several years down the line all is good.
I've done exactly the same. Got the Wasp variety and has been faultless.

Jeff J
80-90 Mem No: 13853

Re: Starter motor

Post by Jeff J »

keynsham1 wrote: 24 Nov 2022, 08:58 I had the same problem. I replaced the starter motor and it happened then. Every now and then the solenoid would just click but nothing else. I replaced the solenond and it seemed better for a while then came back. I replaced the starter motor bush on the bell housing as I am told that can cause it but it stilll happened. I have now replaced the ignition switch and so far so good. I have replaced the entirel starter system except for the leads but as it seems to be either not working, or perfect, it seems unlikely to be that. Sorry that isn't much help but it is my experience. The only other thing I can think of is that the starter motor itself has a fault?

Already fitted hard start relay so not an ignition switch problem.
Went for mid range new one, will re-post when I've removed the old one & fitted new. At least I'll be able to refurbish old one at my leisure with all the advice & have a spare now.