Door cards on twin slider

Thin bits of metal and bright blue light. Including glass & trim.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

callyspoy
80-90 Mem No: 10

Door cards on twin slider

Post by callyspoy »

Hi folks,

I have an '82 twin slider that i bought last month. It came with a dismantled engine and i have rebuilt one and got it running. My next step is to have a start on the interior.
Currently it has no door cards on the sliders. I cannot appear to find door cards on the normal sites for the drivers/offside/RHS, for a twin. Can anybody confirm whether the sliding door cards available from JK (as they are just mdf) would be able to be fitted on both sides? I assume the doors are identical? Just mirrored.

Same thing with the rear middle cards. Drivers side one doesn't go all the way to the end, as in pictures. Does anybody know whether a passenger side one would be able to be reversed and put on the drivers side? Annoyingly JK don't appear to sell those ones individually, although i may just make my own of those as i have the current passenger one to make a pattern from.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

ImageImage

shepster
80-90 Mem No: 1342

Re: Door cards on twin slider

Post by shepster »

Newton commercial, very good quality.

You should be able to get LHD slider door card along with all the others.
2.1 DJ running on carb and LPG.

Jeff J
80-90 Mem No: 13853

Post by Jeff J »

VW Heritage show them as left & right handed for sliding door.

callyspoy
80-90 Mem No: 10

Post by callyspoy »

Thanks for the replies folks.

So the sites do appear to show different sets for LHD and RHD, but other than the rear panels, they do look like they could be used on opposite sides (same as front door cards also look like that?)

Also, appreciate some are excellent, Newton Commerical were always exceptional in my old Morris Minor world, but i am only looking for plain sheet material, to cover myself in a material to suit my interior.

multisi
80-90 Mem No: 12

Post by multisi »

Twin slider van interior side panels are the same both sides so without the material covering the original cards can be used either side, just have to put the clips in the opposite way. The last photo is a  rear card from a rhd single slider door caravelle .  The cards for the sliding door are early or late model if you are buying them.
1992 red lle 2.2 subaru 1990 rhd caravelle 2.2 subaru 1986 california import vanagon