Bluetooth stereo...

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

ChrisG89
80-90 Mem No: 0

Bluetooth stereo...

Post by ChrisG89 »

Hey,

My and my girlfriend have just bought a T3 Westy (thread to follow once I get some good pictures) and want to change the stereo for something with bluetooth. But want something retro looking ideally, I've found some mega cheap ones from China on eBay and wanted some advice on if it looks any good or not please!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Classic-Retr ... SwhElbAAP8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

After a quick search, I think it will be too deep?

Any help will be appreciated

Thanks,

Chris

slowcoach
80-90 Mem No: 8892

Re: Bluetooth stereo...

Post by slowcoach »

Can't comment on the radio, but it's only 10cm deep so it'll fit fine. Congratulations on the van!
===================
1984 TRAKKA Conversion Subaru EJ20 5 Speed

ChrisG89

Post by ChrisG89 »

Thanks for the replies! We absolutely love the van, hoping to get away again in it for a few nights in a couple of weeks. As soon as we picked it up we took it away for a night and thats raised a lot of questions, so will no doubt be asking for lots of advice!

I've ordered now, worst case it's £17 down the drain!

Thanks for the offer of your stereo Cobra88, but we are looking for a retro looking unit, hence the once in the eBay advert.

Cobra88
80-90 Mem No: 16481

Post by Cobra88 »

No Worries Chris :)

nesty
80-90 Mem No: 4023

Post by nesty »

Just my 2p worth here, as had both cheap china and a now decent make.
Depth on these is good you can push the unit fully home. However, I found the tuners to be terrible, especially rural, urban kinda ok. I also found the units did not play some of the formats they stated and it spat out some USB sticks with playable media MP3 etc, things like that.
I ditched my cheap china one and went for a Phillips bluetooth CE 152 a great unit and never let me down!
Holdsworth Villa2 1983 1.9 DG, 4 Speed, LPG & Petrol+underslung leisure tank

fresco3000

Post by fresco3000 »

You can get bluetooth adapters that can be connected to older stereos, I have a modified VW Gamma unit which looks neat in the van.

There are also guys who sell already modified vintage car stereos on eBay for reasonable money.
1986 Caravelle GL - Water Cooled - Petrol 2000cc - 5 Speed

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

Grab the ALDI stereo when it comes in. I buy one every year as sure as eggs are eggs, someone will want one after they're sold out. Bluetooth, hands free, very good sound and only about 2" deep ;)

In fact last year I chanced my luck, waited until ALDI discounted them and gor two for £19 each :D

Also accepts a low-profile USB stick as well as a memory card.

Oh, and a remote control - if you can find a use for it. Plus you can take it back if you don't like it.....
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.

slowcoach
80-90 Mem No: 8892

Post by slowcoach »

I bought an Aldi one 2 years back. It works, but navigating through music on an SD card is hopeless. Barely lists the id3 tag on mp3s (sometimes does, sometimes doesn't) and won't list the folder names correctly. Cheap though eh :-)
===================
1984 TRAKKA Conversion Subaru EJ20 5 Speed

CovKid
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3529

Post by CovKid »

True although I picked up a job lot of low capacity cards (cheap) which I labelled up. Can now get my entire record collection in an oxo box :D
Roller paint your camper at home: http://roller.epizy.com/55554/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for MP4 download.