Advice on fitting NLA cab hammock please

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

huggy76
80-90 Mem No: 12681

Advice on fitting NLA cab hammock please

Post by huggy76 »

Hi

I'm trying to fit a NLA cab hammock and am unsure how high from the dash to mount the fixing brackets.

I think I need to drill the mounts lower screw at 200mm from the dash (corner nearest the windscreen) but wonder if anyone that has one fitted could confirm for me or offer any other advice please.

I'm a bit paranoid about drilling in the wrong place as it is in the screen pillar and will drive me mad looking at it every time i drive my van if i get it wrong.

Thanks in advance
Andy

JonB
80-90 Mem No: 12941

Re: Advice on fitting NLA cab hammock please

Post by JonB »

Just checked some old photos and I installed the bracket about an inch lower than the grab handle. I remember spending ages trying to work it out and ultimately as long as the fronts are level and the rears are level the hammock (or user) finds its natural curve. My seat headrests got in the way which were a PITA to remove when we wanted to use the hammock but was great for our toddler...until #2 made an appearance and we changed vans.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk
Viking Caravelle JX - Cheshire

huggy76
80-90 Mem No: 12681

Post by huggy76 »

Thanks JonB

I think I may be a little too low with my original figures as it is going to make it very close to not reaching the "b" pillar.

I'm going to have a remeasure and drill the upper bracket hole first, at least that way i can move the bracket up and use the drilled hole for the lower screw if needed.

I was probably a bit too worried about it being taut but wanted to keep it as low as possible to maximize the limited head space in the cab area.

JonB
80-90 Mem No: 12941

Post by JonB »

Yep that was pretty much my take when fitting, low and taught. The other thing was thinking I needed the front and rear brackets level. In practice there's a bit of leeway as long as the rails fit in all the brackets, the steering wheel doesn't poke onto the canvas and theres sufficient headroom.

Ours was for our toddler, for extra safety we had her in a collapsible travel cot, then had curtains for blackout...it was so good it was too hot for her.

Sent from my SM-P550 using Tapatalk
Viking Caravelle JX - Cheshire