Truma heater issues

The Tardis factor (interiors, awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

volks_womble
80-90 Mem No: 13821

Truma heater issues

Post by volks_womble »

Does anyone have any experience of Truma Trumatic-e heaters? We have one fitted under the seat in our westy - fitted whilst still in Germany (1991 I believe) but it does not want to fire up.

I have managed to get the manual for the heater, which has demystified the German instructions. The fan runs, and I can hear clicking of an ignition system attempting to start the flame, but it very quickly then shuts down.

I don't think the previous owner had ever used the heater, so it has been a while since it ran. We are off to the highlands in a couple of months, so would really like the heater to work!

Does anyone have any specific advice on recommissioning these, or should we just go straight for a proper or eberspacher?

Cheers
Mark
1989 1.9TDI (AFN) California
1990 2.1MV Syncro Atlantic

Oldiebut goodie
80-90 Mem No: 11135

Re: Truma heater issues

Post by Oldiebut goodie »

Checked that the gas is turned on? Also it will take quite a few goes to purge any air in the pipes after an extended while unused.
1.6D 2019 VW T-Cross
200hp VW T6
1̶Y̶ ̶1̶9̶8̶7̶ ̶H̶i̶-̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶C̶a̶r̶a̶v̶e̶l̶l̶e̶
5̶0̶8̶d̶ ̶M̶e̶r̶c̶

paperhouselad
80-90 Mem No: 10768

Post by paperhouselad »

Check your battery is up to the mark, our propex did this before we changed the old one for new, good luck.

volks_womble
80-90 Mem No: 13821

Post by volks_womble »

Oldiebut goodie wrote:Checked that the gas is turned on? Also it will take quite a few goes to purge any air in the pipes after an extended while unused.

I believe I have the gas on... I did give it quite a few goes - 10 or so, but without success. I wonder if there is a specific purging process.

paperhouselad wrote:Check your battery is up to the mark, our propex did this before we changed the old one for new, good luck.

According to the book of words, battery voltage shows as a different fault on the control unit... But I will check it...

Thanks
Mark
1989 1.9TDI (AFN) California
1990 2.1MV Syncro Atlantic