ej20 wiring loom

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Hoth
80-90 Mem No: 0

ej20 wiring loom

Post by Hoth »

Hi folks, I finally got around to fitting the subaru into my t25 which had previously had a 1Z dropped in (from a great height by the looks of it).I bought a bellhousing kit from rjes and a few other bits and bobs which I hope will make the job go a bit smoother. Richards gear is really top quality ,I was very impressed when the package arrived. I decided to have a go at the wiring myself ,may of been a bad decision but its nearly there now.I can find information about wiring and ecu pinouts but they never seem to match my wiring especially the colours .I have traced a lot of the wires and they appear follow the pinout info apart from a couple.
I am not sure about a couple of bits so have come on here hoping someone with more knowledge than me can point me in the right direction.The engine and loom are from a 2002 impreza NA 2.0 with obd2 and immobiliser.

1.where do I connect the vw ignition on supply to on subaru wiring.

2. I have not found any information on the immobiliser so am not sure if I need the brown/red wire or the yellow wire which were connected into some part of main loom and ended at a large connector . Do I need to connect the white and red wire which connects to white wire on ignition barrel when key is inserted.

Any ideas?
Gary

syncroandy
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 851

Re: ej20 wiring loom

Post by syncroandy »

Syncrosport
Volkswagen Transporter, reloaded.

252 GC5 EJ25 AAN L90D
246 097 AFN AVL+ L90D
Syncronaut #004

Hoth
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: ej20 wiring loom

Post by Hoth »

Cheers Andy just the job ,started it up yesterday with loom loose just for a few seconds to hear some noise.Taking it off again to adjust wiring length and wrap it up.Only another 500 jobs to do before its on the road. :P

Thanks again
Gary