No Fuel Pump Power or Spark!!!

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

crazymilk
80-90 Mem No: 14722

No Fuel Pump Power or Spark!!!

Post by crazymilk »

Finally got to the point last night in trying to fire my EJ25 Conversion

Using all Rjes parts for the install.

Ignition on and no power to the fuel pump, nothing- have hard wired the pump to the battery to check and all works (although VERY noise) so I know that works.
The engine check light does not come on when ignition is on and I can’t seem to hear the pump relay click at all. The immobiliser light flashes when the ignition if off, once ignition is turned on it does not flash and when I turn it over it flashes quickly.
I have also checked and there is no spark from the plugs while turning over.

Any help/guidance much appreciated.
http://www.justgermancrew.com Come and join the FUN!
1985 VW T25 EJ25 SOHC Hydro Bus

Domino
80-90 Mem No: 14834

Re: No Fuel Pump Power or Spark!!!

Post by Domino »

Sounds like a immobiliser problem to me asthe red light should go out completely when it's off

crazymilk
80-90 Mem No: 14722

Re: No Fuel Pump Power or Spark!!!

Post by crazymilk »

Added the barrel and started on the button! All good there

Just a couple of questions:

1) The battery Light is always on – is this normal and what can I do about it if anything – I thought it may be something to do with the spilt charger that was on the van however it is not connected to the alternator at all so I don’t think it could be that.

2) As soon as I start it the fans trip on at full speed (on and off but mostly on while running) – should I be swapping the spade connectors over on the 2 x fan relays?

3) Seem to be having an issue filling with coolant/bleeding. I have followed your website instructions (apart from going for a run in it up the road) however the level in the header tank doe snot go down whatever I try and do.

The temp gauge does not move and the light flashes continuously.
http://www.justgermancrew.com Come and join the FUN!
1985 VW T25 EJ25 SOHC Hydro Bus