Blowing exhaust - suggestions, please?

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

thebobster
80-90 Mem No: 8953
Location: Liverpool. 2.1 DJ engine.. LPG by Gasure. Magic Zoom (Blos) by Campershack.

Re: Blowing exhaust - suggestions, please?

Post by thebobster »

http://www.jpexhausts.co.uk/product.asp?id=81

I had to replace the exhaust system on my own van 5 years ago and I took it to the company in the link. I would recommend them to anyone (Campershack were unknown to me at that time. ) The exhaust system is guaranteed for life and has never given me any trouble.

jrt
80-90 Mem No: 10288

Post by jrt »

thebobster wrote:http://www.jpexhausts.co.uk/product.asp?id=81

I had to replace the exhaust system on my own van 5 years ago and I took it to the company in the link. I would recommend them to anyone (Campershack were unknown to me at that time. ) The exhaust system is guaranteed for life and has never given me any trouble.
Well I never, only 20 mins away from me, i'll save this link for future ref' and see if they do the earlier[83] exhaust.
cheers David
the future is unwritten

nesty
80-90 Mem No: 4023

Post by nesty »

tforturton wrote:Okay, my friendly local vw mechanic is away on holiday, so for now, I've patched the split with some gun-gum and exhaust bandage. When I was under the van, I spotted that one of the silencer top clips was missing, and when the engine was running, the exhaust was vibrating more than it should, which probably loosened or broke the 'original' patch. So the van will have to sit still until the replacement clip comes from Brickwerks, otherwise the new patch will fall off as well.
I've had a few pointers for replacement exhausts - s/s from Brickwerks, s/s vw speedshop from Campershack, or a custom made s/s set up from ProSpeed in Cardiff. Any recommendations or suggestions on which to go with?
I quite like the £650 all-in price from Camper Shack, bearing in mind the possible problems, but they are the other side of the country from me. The Brickwerks one is a bit dearer, and I'd also have to pay someone to fit it - and then there's the likelihood of problems with the exhaust studs, etc. ProSpeed are well known round here, and I know they've built 2WD exhausts for T25s, but not sure about a Syncro. Bit of an unknown factor.

Is the £650 at Campershack including VAT or is a cash deal cheaper?
Holdsworth Villa2 1983 1.9 DG, 4 Speed, LPG & Petrol+underslung leisure tank

ghost123uk
80-90 Mem No: 2585
Location: John in Malpas, in the very S. W. part of Cheshire.

Post by ghost123uk »

nesty wrote:
tforturton wrote: I quite like the £650 all-in price from Camper Shack,
Is the £650 at Campershack including VAT or is a cash deal cheaper?
:? :run
Got a new van, but it's a 165bhp T4 [shock horror] Accurate LPG Station map here

tforturton
80-90 Mem No: 11177

Post by tforturton »

No idea on the Campershack pricing policy, but you'll be pleased to know my bus is till running round with a quiet exhaust. I ended up replacing both the silencer cradles, and top clips, as they were all rusted through. I appreciate that sooner or later, I'm going to have to replace the whole thing, but not right now!
1990 2.1 DJ Syncro Caravelle/Westfalia conversion RHD