Comet Elegant 12v Water pump

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

redtwoseater

Comet Elegant 12v Water pump

Post by redtwoseater »

Hi
Just wired up a new water pump,the 12v blue Comet Elegant. Turned the tap on and the pumps working. But my problem is when I connect the pipe to the pump the water doesn't reach the tap. Ok I thought air must be in the pipe so I sucked some water from the tap for about 20 min. But no water flow.
When I turn the tap on and off I hear faint air gurgling sounds.Ive checked the pipe for cracks and every things tight and theres plenty of water in the tank.
I just want running water again in my sink :?
Anybody got any suggestions?
Cheers Paul.

Oldiebut goodie
80-90 Mem No: 11135

Re: Comet Elegant 12v Water pump

Post by Oldiebut goodie »

Have you wired it up 'back to front'? Or connected pipes back to front? - easily done. Because it sounds like you are pumping air!
1.6D 2019 VW T-Cross
200hp VW T6
1̶Y̶ ̶1̶9̶8̶7̶ ̶H̶i̶-̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶C̶a̶r̶a̶v̶e̶l̶l̶e̶
5̶0̶8̶d̶ ̶M̶e̶r̶c̶

redtwoseater

Post by redtwoseater »

Hi
I basically swopped the old pump which wasn't working at all for a new pump. Connected the same pipe. I took the pipe off to see if the water was pumping out and it was.
Paul.

Oldiebut goodie
80-90 Mem No: 11135

Post by Oldiebut goodie »

Only thing to do is test it not connected to tank or tap and see if there is good pressure before checking tank and tap pipe work.
Some impellers on some pumps will work but with limited pressure if run backwards so still worth reversing the power and earth leads to check as it it's not beyond the bounds of possibility that the leads are misconnected internally! (I have seen that on some Chinese products) Then swap the pipes over to see if that increases the pressure. ( I've searched for a drawing to see what type of impeller they use but zilch) Also possible that the impeller is loose on the motor shaft!
1.6D 2019 VW T-Cross
200hp VW T6
1̶Y̶ ̶1̶9̶8̶7̶ ̶H̶i̶-̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶C̶a̶r̶a̶v̶e̶l̶l̶e̶
5̶0̶8̶d̶ ̶M̶e̶r̶c̶