All things round and their alignment to your direction of travel

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

VWKat
80-90 Mem No: 13186

70s wolfrace slot mags

Post by VWKat »

Hello,

This is my first post.
I have a 1985 T25 and have owned if for 9 years, so I know quite a bit about it and I try to work on it myself...where I can.
I bought a set of slot mags on ebay, the advert said to fit a T25 but I found out that the pcd is incorrect, being 130x5 for a porsche.
I can see that I can buy adapters on ebay for not a bad price, so that isn't really a problem, in fact - it might be a little easier as I would not have to change the studs for longer ones but will these wheels fit? considering that the offset/inset is quite different to the standard wheels and also, I will have to buy wider tyres - possibly 225?...or can anyone give a recomendation on the tyre width?

Thank you,

Katherine.
Early 1985 1.9 WBX Autosleeper Camper

billy739
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1541

Re: 70s wolfrace slot mags

Post by billy739 »

can anyone give a recomendation on the tyre width?

you will need to know the width of the wheel should be stamped with a number (width in inches ) followed by a 'j' ie 7j

try to get commercial tyres which may restrict the tyre size

are they 15 or 16 inch?

adapters are ok , but not a favourite of mine personally , not on a commercial

you will need to also know the offset( et number) add it to the width of the spacers , it may lead you to wheel bearing failure / heavy steering / unable to open sliding door ect ect - if way off what vw intended

g60steve
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by g60steve »

Are you sure they're Wolfrace as most 5X130 slot mags were made by Ansen?

Anyway... 5X112 to 5X130 adaptors will be required but that's totally dependent on the ET(offset) of the alloys?

When thinking of fitting alloys with PCD adaptors you subtract(not add)the width of the adaptor from the ET of the alloys to find the effective ET.

But after saying all the above...unless the alloys in question are at least ET45-ET55...which I doubt very much as they're usually ET20...they'll not fit even with adaptors.
There's no 'r' in bought!

VWKat
80-90 Mem No: 13186

Post by VWKat »

Having a look at my standard steelies, which sit almost in line with the body of the car, I think my alloys won't fit as they will not be flush with the body, so I'm going to sell them and look for some others when I get a mo.

Here's a pic of them if anyone is interested, they are now for sale. They are wolfrace as they have it stamped on the rim.

Shame really, as I think they would have looked stunning on my T25, they are like antique pieces of jewelry. :)

Thanks all for the replies and help.
Attachments
camper wheels small.jpg
camper wheels small.jpg (10.98 KiB) Viewed 5591 times
Early 1985 1.9 WBX Autosleeper Camper

waltraud
80-90 Mem No: 5824

Post by waltraud »

They are lovely but look like theh would stand proud of the wheelarches which would make steering heavy and potentially illegal if tyres stick out from body of vehicle. You can get merc tolliman alloys all shiny and a bit similar but more mod er n, cheaper and common.
1983 1.9 Ivory Westy Joker