westy "fridge on gas" light on when gas not on

The Tardis factor (interiors , awnings, roofs etc)

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Westy End
80-90 Mem No: 7733

westy "fridge on gas" light on when gas not on

Post by Westy End »

Hi all

I am sure this has already been addressed but I cant find it. Fridge lights on gas nicely but no matter what I do when i am using some other power for it the fridge on gas light is still lit on the control panel when i flick the switch - any ideas?
....========¬====¬
.../-/--|----||---\-----‴-----\
..#/__|__ ||__❚[\_____⌒ _\›
.|======|===[ ❑❑ΞⓦΞ❑❑]
[⎛⎞...|.....|⎛⎞ [ ‹=====›]
-⎝⎠\_|__ /⎝⎠ ⫅=====⫆⎠ (apologies to jed the spread)

California Dreamin
80-90 Mem No: 8386

Re: westy "fridge on gas" light on when gas not on

Post by California Dreamin »

All I can say is that the mechanical 'push button' panel can become dry and stick between functions...when I first bought my California I had similar issues until I removed the switch gear and gave the mechanism a good lube and workout....spot on after.

Martin
1989 California 2.1MV

simoncummins
80-90 Mem No: 1468

Post by simoncummins »

As far as i know the little green light senses if the flame is lit and not what function the switches positioned. So just check the flame is not lit through the little window as changing the switches does not turn off the gas this has to be done at the twist valve in the cupboard if that makes sense.

meridian911
80-90 Mem No: 7372

Post by meridian911 »

Our florida does this, I think there is a damaged cable as mine started when doing some other wiring.
I've disconnected ours for now as time is short but I'm just going to run more cable from the fridge to the panel when I've got time.
I would suggest you trace the cables from the fridge to the panel and check yours for damaged wiring, there's usually a circuit diagram on top of the fridge or I'm sure it's on here somewhere.

Jas

lagerhead
80-90 Mem No: 3184

Post by lagerhead »

simoncummins wrote:As far as i know the little green light senses if the flame is lit and not what function the switches positioned. So just check the flame is not lit through the little window as changing the switches does not turn off the gas this has to be done at the twist valve in the cupboard if that makes sense.

WHS
Westi California Pop top - Oil burning in White

nobbyfox
80-90 Mem No: 9991

Post by nobbyfox »

I posted this problem a while ago. End of summer?
Have not yet had a proper look and have even turned of the gas supply and the light still comes on occasionally.
I suspect that it is a sticky switch or something so will apply lots of contact cleaner and see what happens.
Will investigate over the Winter.

Regards
Steve
Westfalia pop-top 1990 1.6JX