electrolux RM 122F fridge settings

An alchemy of sparks, copper wire and earth

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

grayzer1
80-90 Mem No: 0

electrolux RM 122F fridge settings

Post by grayzer1 »

Hi away in France at mo and using hook up for first time,but cannot get fridge to go cold.Not sure what settings to have the zig unit on. it has three switches,i have set one to on site,now do i need the 12volt switch on and also do i need the mains switch on? Thanks for any help!

Ian Hulley
80-90 Mem No: 1323

Re: electrolux RM 122F fridge settings

Post by Ian Hulley »

'Site' would imply you have a hook-up so the mains switch would seem appropriate.

(P.S. it's always bestest to test-run things for the first time at home ... on the drive perhaps :ok )

Ian :wink:
The Hulley's Bus
1989 2.1DJ Trampspotter
LPG courtesy of Steve @ Gasure

MidLifeCrisis
80-90 Mem No: 10519

Post by MidLifeCrisis »

Note sure which Zig you have but on our setup the mains to the fridge has no connection to the Zig unit.

In theory the fridge should run separately to the Zig unit when on Mains hook-up - do you have a Mains circuit breaker unit on the van somewhere (you should have) - on ours the circuit breaker box has a separate breaker that supplies the fridge mains voltage?
Have you got the switch on the fridge set to the 'Mains' voltage setting (on ours it's the switch on the far right - there is a 'mains plug' type symbol on it, rather than the 'battery' type symbol)?
Also note that the fridge has a thermostat that only works when on Mains - on our fridge it is the rotary knob on the right (usually numbered 1-5 or something like that) - set this is something in the middle-ish.

FYI - it'll take ages to get cold even if it is working !!

As for the Zig unit .............

Assuming you have the Zig CF8/9 style then the Mains Switch just turns on the transformer that converts the mains voltage to 12V (to charge the leisure battery).
The 'Site/Touring' switch just controls whether the Zig is pulling its power from the Leisure battery ('Site') or the main vehicle battery ('Touring') - it should be set to 'Site' always.
The 12V switch just turns the final 12V supply on/off (that goes to your lights/water pump etc whatever 12v things you have connected in the back of the van i.e. non-vehicle/engine stuff).
1987 Westfalia Van, Petrol 2.0 AGG

grayzer1
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by grayzer1 »

Hi sorry not had internet till now,thanks for replays. Got a zig cf8 unit in Holdsworth conversion. Had hook up plugged in 24 hours with charging switch set to onsite and the 12 volt switch and mains switch off. Fridge isn't cold so I must need to have mains button on?

MidLifeCrisis
80-90 Mem No: 10519

Post by MidLifeCrisis »

As I said above - the Zig unit has no function in the mains connection to the fridge. So the setting of the switches on the Zig cannot effect the fridge operation on mains hook-up.
I have a Holdsworth too and we have a mains circuit breaker under the RnR bed - check to see that the breakers on this are correctly set.
1987 Westfalia Van, Petrol 2.0 AGG