Off to France! Do I need a Brickwerks service 1st?

Post it here, if it doesn't fit any of the above.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

1_eyed_jim
80-90 Mem No: 9011

Off to France! Do I need a Brickwerks service 1st?

Post by 1_eyed_jim »

As some of you know I try to service my van myself but I admit I don't know everything :) thinking of going to France at the end of July for 2 weeks and thought it'll be best that Brickwerks did a service on Davvy.

Any know what's involved in a Brickwerks service? Or should i ask for a fine tooth comb service :) The van has had all the basics done like engine oil, coolant, brake fluid etc

Just got this great fear of breaking down in France and ruining the holiday

Rob
Davvy - White Hightop 1986 2.1 DJ

Visit our Ebay shop http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Brick-Parts-UK" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

waltraud
80-90 Mem No: 5824

Re: Off to France! Do I need a Brickwerks service 1st?

Post by waltraud »

Braking down is a state of mind ss much as an incident , if most things have been serviced or seen to fairky recently then yiu'rd nk korr likely to break down yhan here. Ser essential spares lists etc. I go to france and ysually have some minor trouble or other. This summer we'rr going to spain snd francr with another family in an old bay which worries me more- but then why not?
1983 1.9 Ivory Westy Joker

California Dreamin
80-90 Mem No: 8386

Post by California Dreamin »

It doesn't sound like you need a service given that you are saying the service items have been changed recently. I would say inspection and report or at this time of year garages like to refer to it as a 'PRE HOLIDAY CHECK'...
No point in paying for a service and automatically changing all the service parts again when all you need is a Pre holiday check over and possibly a couple of bits (new belts/bulbs/wiper blades & checking the brake linings)

Martin
1989 California 2.1MV

1_eyed_jim

Post by 1_eyed_jim »

California Dreamin wrote:It doesn't sound like you need a service given that you are saying the service items have been changed recently. I would say inspection and report or at this time of year garages like to refer to it as a 'PRE HOLIDAY CHECK'...
No point in paying for a service and automatically changing all the service parts again when all you need is a Pre holiday check over and possibly a couple of bits (new belts/bulbs/wiper blades & checking the brake linings)

Martin

Ah ok thanks. I've ordered myself a spares list as per the Wiki. Really excited as I've never toured in France :) just waiting for 3 passports then where off!

Visit our Ebay shop http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Brick-Parts-UK" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DuaneEddy
80-90 Mem No: 11978

Post by DuaneEddy »

Does 1 eyed jim need a different filler for the gas in france? :)
1983 Hi-Top Autohomes Kamper T25 1.9DF Early Cooling 4 speed - Running on LPG - BLOS Carb

1_eyed_jim

Post by 1_eyed_jim »

DuaneEddy wrote:Does 1 eyed jim need a different filler for the gas in france? :)

Yes I do. Why do you have one for sale? :)