Has anyone ever?

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

PITSTOP
80-90 Mem No: 11520

Has anyone ever?

Post by PITSTOP »

Just thought i would see if anyone has ever fitted a ford transit 2.5 di engine into there t25? and if so what was it like?
i have recently bought an 84 t25 high top camper with a knackered 1.9 waterboxer engine and i am looking for a diesel to replace it i was thinking of the usuial aaz but keep wondering about a tranny engine as they are bullet proof, i dont want speed as long as i can sit at 60mph then im happy.

phil miller
80-90 Mem No: 11069

Re: Has anyone ever?

Post by phil miller »

PITSTOP wrote:Just thought i would see if anyone has ever fitted a . . transhite 2.5 di engine into there t25? and if so what was it like?
i have recently bought an 84 t25 high top camper with a knackered 1.9 waterboxer engine and i am looking for a diesel to replace it i was thinking of the usuial aaz but keep wondering about a tranny engine as they are bullet proof, i dont want speed as long as i can sit at 60mph then im happy.

id stick with a DUB engine tbh, AAZ (there getting old now tho) 1Y non turbo, easy to fit and wire up, 1Z TDI gotta think about intercooler and alot of wiring same as AHU

Ive got a 1Y forsale if your interested.......
1988 Matt Black, T25 caravelle, Living the dream
Wanted diesel sump and oil pick up PM me if you can help

PITSTOP

Post by PITSTOP »

Think i probably will go with the vw engine i just need to find some jx engine mounts and a jx sump. I was just wondering if anyone had done the tranny thing before as that engine is good for 500 thousand plus miles i love em.
Thanks for the offer of the engine but think i would prefer to go turbo as i do go to south devon quite alot and telegraph hill is a killer you need all the oomph you can get to get up that bugger!

phil miller
80-90 Mem No: 11069

Post by phil miller »

PITSTOP wrote:Think i probably will go with the vw engine i just need to find some jx engine mounts and a jx sump. I was just wondering if anyone had done the tranny thing before as that engine is good for 500 thousand plus miles i love em.
Thanks for the offer of the engine but think i would prefer to go turbo as i do go to south devon quite alot and telegraph hill is a killer you need all the oomph you can get to get up that bugger!

LOL telegraph hill my old mk2 astra use to be in 3rd by the time i got to the top :rofl

A 1Z (ive got one in mine) will be good, just check your gearbox code and have a word with Ewan, he is spot on when it comes to getting good performace from the TDIs :ok
1988 Matt Black, T25 caravelle, Living the dream
Wanted diesel sump and oil pick up PM me if you can help

PITSTOP

Post by PITSTOP »

Nice work mate will do, think i might have to spend a few nights looking for a donor car on ebay as you might have just made me go for a tdi lump. like you said i have been looking for a aaz for a while and there aint many about people also want an arm and a leg for one, when i can get a mot fail car with a good engine in it and rape it for parts and weigh it in after to get a few quid back!

big red bus
80-90 Mem No: 3421

Post by big red bus »

i have a 1z for sale. still in mk 3 golf 129k any good

PITSTOP

Post by PITSTOP »

thanks fro the offer but i think i have found myself a aaz engine just have to go and have a look at it fingers crossed its a good un.