AAZ conversion Flywheel cllearance issue

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

airhead
80-90 Mem No: 2980

Re: AAZ conversion Flywheel cllearance issue

Post by airhead »

Thanks all for the advice. I got it sorted in the end. For reference for anyone else with a similar problem, yes I was using the wrong poo-plate which has less holes for the bolts to go through meaning the mating surfaces around the engine flange wasn't uniform, so the gearbox may have been sitting crooked slightly in relation to the engine. I had also forgotten to put a spigot bearing in, so I put one in. I also found some small pieces of starting motor and although I didn't see where they fell out of, they could have been getting caught in the ring gear and getting dragged up and meeting the starter as it was engaged. I also replaced the clutch release bearing just because, and stuck new bolts into the flywheel, all properly torqued up. Everything's grand now and I'm enjoying the power of the AAZ! It's a very nice engine and has plenty of grunt for the old van! I still need to bleed the clutch though and do a few other bits here and there but it's drivable now at last!
Ross

1987 1.9td Leisuredrive camper.