subaru missfire help please

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

zippster
80-90 Mem No: 1850

subaru missfire help please

Post by zippster »

i have just put an ej22 in my t25, a reg 83, and it has a missfire about 4k i try to look at code and say air flow and (Canister purge solenoid or circuit) i think, not sure they are 35/36/12and 49 i think quite hard to read, help would be good thanks inadvance :ok

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Re: subaru missfire help please

Post by silverbullet »

If it starts to missfire (can be quite violent, not subtle) at just over 4k it'll be the rev limiter due to no VSS fitted. Got this info direct from rjes.

It's a quick enough job, just fitted one to mine. The worst bit is running the wire out to the back and routing a 12v feed behind the dash, as ever.

If you've got multiple fault codes then you need to sit and watch them reel off a few times to make sure you've got them correct. I do have a printed list somewhere.

What year was your donor car? Don't worry about the purge solenoid code 35, a lot seem to throw this one up from what I have read. Code 49 is wrong MAF fitted iirc, they will run ok 9/10 but it doesn't help the ecu.

zippster
80-90 Mem No: 1850

Re: subaru missfire help please

Post by zippster »

That's what I through too that I need a speed sensor cheers