Aaz-tdi ?

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Dustyrusty
80-90 Mem No: 11490

Aaz-tdi ?

Post by Dustyrusty »

Hi all , new to this so apologies now if I'm doing it wrong ! I bought my camper about 3 yrs ago it had the aaz engine in but sadly last week on the way back from Cornwall I ran it dry ,marked the bores and piston rings . I'm now looking at putting a tdi in but having my aaz pump modified so I don't have to use the tdi loom and etc any suggestions anyone else done it ! Many thanks

footstuck
80-90 Mem No: 7622

Re: Aaz-tdi ?

Post by footstuck »

There are pumps which will run a Mtdi (mecanical) with little modification (Bosch VE)
There's a load of info on here and other sites. Have a good read up
Befor starting, and yes loads have trodden the path and theres a multitude of solutions.
Best of luck

Dustyrusty
80-90 Mem No: 11490

Post by Dustyrusty »

Hi mate thanks for the reply I have been reading alot not sure if it's just quicker to put aaz back in just waiting for the right one to come up ! Although I would like a bit more cruising power ! Cheers

footstuck
80-90 Mem No: 7622

Post by footstuck »

A good aaz with intercooler go very well and would be the easier option and sooo much less work.
Depends on how much work your prepared for really.

?