JX,AZZ flywheel washer ???

for questions and answers about alternative power transplants on the T25, GTi, Porsche,Subaru etc, this is the place. You must register to post but anyone can read.

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

jas915
80-90 Mem No: 6242

JX,AZZ flywheel washer ???

Post by jas915 »

Hi just about to put the JX flywheel and clutch on my AAZ and hit a slight issue.
Do i need to use the flywheel washer?(not sure that the correct name, its a metal bit a few mm think with the same bolt pattern as the flywheel and crank)
Basically i have 1 and cant remember which engine it came from(the JX or AZZ, they both had flywheels and clutches fitted),if i do i need to fit it where does it go ,in between the crank and flywheel or in front of the flywheel

Thanks
Grey/white high top, AAZ.

airhead
80-90 Mem No: 2980

Re: JX,AZZ flywheel washer ???

Post by airhead »

I got one with the AAZ I stuck into the van. It came off the arseways clutch/flywheel, and I didn't use it with the JX flywheel.
Ross

1987 1.9td Leisuredrive camper.

airhead

Post by airhead »

Actually hang on a sec.... You say it's a few mm thick? The thing I'm talking about is only a shim, not even a mm thick I don't think. If there's some sort of spacer I missed out on that could explain the problem I'm having with my flywheel! Maybe I left it on by mistake.
Ross

jas915
80-90 Mem No: 6242

Post by jas915 »

maybe its a mm thick max, i think it came off the AAZ which did have the strangest clutch arrangement ive seen( kinda back to front).
I think its not needed with the jx flywheel and clutch but want to be 100% sure before bolting it all back together then find out im wrong.

Cheers
Grey/white high top, AAZ.

airhead

Post by airhead »

Ok yeah I left that out myself. It did come off the AAZ weird ass clutch system (which apparrently is used in some VW Golfs with a rod shift mechanism).
Ross