Post Off road event, Sleaford, Lincs, 28th March 2010

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

PC52
80-90 Mem No: 3428

Re: Off road event, Sleaford, Lincs, 28th March, update

Post by PC52 »

Now, couple of vids
Who has the biggest bow wave competition...

Doug...

Clive ...

1.9 TDI Syncro Multivan
1.9 TDI Doka project in progress

Syncro G
80-90 Mem No: 3988

Post by Syncro G »

andisnewsyncro wrote:Another great looking day out missed by yours truely :(
I had a mate years ago who had about 5 of those Sisley Pandas. They're cracking little things :lol:

I was smileing all the way till the fuel hose poped off mine...
Shame as weighing under 800kg they were pritty impressive - I've always thought weight kills the ability of alot of 4x4s, that and overly wide tyres, the Panda had neather and it showed - an impressive basic utility vehicle. Fuel consumption was very disapointing though, thought it'd be better than my Landy, much better, but at 28mpg it wasn't - that was up to 70mph on the motorway (the Land-Rover can do 30mpg at 55mph, and the Panda wasn't much quieter!)

I've always had a soft spot for diesels and this expereance didn't do petrols any favors in my view.

Just tried to find a picture of the army doing deep wadeing tests on a series Land-Rover when they were current - was powered by a 2.25 petrol aparently (their standard army power unit of course) that had been waterproofed, Only the hoodsticks, snorcle and unforchanate driver sticking above the water level - shows whats possable though its probubly harder to do now with all those sensors and ECUs, petrol or diesel! Hoped the photo was in one of the books I have but after a quick flick through I think it must have been in a mag - must take a scan if I ever find it as its not the first time I've wanted another look.
Glen Syncronaut: 113 - 1992 JX Syncro pannel van

toomanytoys
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 41

Post by toomanytoys »

Poor panda...

Well all I can say is there must have been something very wrong/leaking... as they do upwards of 40mpg generally... I had a 1000S 2wd and use to drive it everywhere absolutly flat out ALL the time.. never did less than 45mpg.. that little panda, belive it or not used to sit on the A45 (A14 now) from Bury st Eds west junction to Newmarket turn at an indicated 100mph.... every day for 2 years, :rofl :rofl :rofl thise were the days..
Had it right off the clock on one occasion coming down slack hill in Derbyshire.. needle was pointing straight down... :shock: :shock: :rofl :rofl :rofl I loved that little car.. Yeah I know very sad... :roll:

Stevie Wiz

Post by Stevie Wiz »

thanks for the invite and warm welcome.
Amos, Myself and Kayleigh had a awsome day...
and thanks to Jason and Family tooo :mrgreen:
just a few from Scopwick..

for all you face book junkies my missus set up a 4x4 group and i set up a photobucket for it.
links below.

photobucket:
http://s846.photobucket.com/home/4x4own ... emud/index" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

facebook group:
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/gro ... 3650837..1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;