Aidan wrote:Simply call it Jed's Spread

I'm sure it's being touted round production companies as we joke
:lol:

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Re: Green laning day Salisbury Plains

Post by silverbullet »

Industry insiders say the working title for the new Campervan Culture TV series is:

Brokeback Rocky Mountain Westy :run

javabob
80-90 Mem No: 9114

Post by javabob »

silverbullet wrote:Industry insiders say the working title for the new Campervan Culture TV series is:

Brokeback Rocky Mountain Westy :run

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
87 Syncro Reimo camper

jed the spread
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1967

Post by jed the spread »

I just got in from work a little while ago and thought I would give the Westy a clean out from last weekend. Jesus what a bloody mess :shock: I had forgotten just how muddy it was down there :rofl

jed
CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM

VW T25 Van Spares, Westfalia Parts, Quality Camping Gear & More

twiggy
80-90 Mem No: 3209

Post by twiggy »

Been cleaning mine all week, and getting the flooded propex to work again,dried it out and hey presto works fine, just like it had never seen water before :lol: .

I am going to get mine up on a four poster to see if any grommets are missing from underneath, and see if any sealing can be done to try to reduce the water coming in next time,

Twiggy
THE OLDER I GET THE FASTER I WAS
86 Holsdsworth Villa Pop Top Syncro
3209 89 Cali pop top Caravelle GL Syncro

jed the spread
Trader

Post by jed the spread »

twiggy wrote:Been cleaning mine all week, and getting the flooded propex to work again,dried it out and hey presto works fine, just like it had never seen water before :lol: .

I am going to get mine up on a four poster to see if any grommets are missing from underneath, and see if any sealing can be done to try to reduce the water coming in next time,

Twiggy

Have a look where your sink waist is and see if the pipe is sealed against the bodywork, also the exhaust for the propex (I did offer the duct tape around when we first entered the area when I taped mine up). Also make sure the rubber bung under your seat is in there, and I like to smear some Vaseline on my door rubbers too as it seals them. I was surprised how much water got in yours, mine didnt get any in the back. V-lux (Al) once went in water so deep it came in through his heater vents :lol:

jed
CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM

twiggy

Post by twiggy »

jed the spread wrote:
twiggy wrote:Been cleaning mine all week, and getting the flooded propex to work again,dried it out and hey presto works fine, just like it had never seen water before :lol: .

Twiggy

Have a look where your sink waist is and see if the pipe is sealed against the bodywork, also the exhaust for the propex (I did offer the duct tape around when we first entered the area when I taped mine up). Also make sure the rubber bung under your seat is in there, and I like to smear some Vaseline on my door rubbers too as it seals them. I was surprised how much water got in yours, mine didnt get any in the back. V-lux (Al) once went in water so deep it came in through his heater vents :lol:

jed

Thanks, I'll look at those areas.
A little bit off prep and I am sure it will be much better next time,

jed the spread
Trader

Post by jed the spread »

I am seriously thinking about getting a dehumidifier and leaving it in the van all the time I dont use it. Its going to get all full of water again in a couple of weeks anyway but it would be good think I am making a conscious effort to look after the most expensive thing I own.

jed
CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM

..lee..
80-90 Mem No: 4478

Post by ..lee.. »

dehumidifier would be great. i cook the interior on mine every fortnight or so. electric heater on full blast for a few hours and it makes a big difference to the way the inside feels.

underside sealing. omg. before my first outing in north wales i spend hours sealing the underside. touch wood it seemed to work but getting the heater inlet to seal some way would be great also not thought too much about that.
it`s a big round cage and there`s too many animals in it for my liking. To help address this ring lee on 07977 765818.

twiggy

Post by twiggy »

dehumidifier would work a treat, Ady mentioned using one last week when we were out.

Will look on Amazon see whats about.

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Post by Aidan »

I leave the front windows cracked open an inch - with the wind deflectors on it's not very noticeable, and the van breathes better and is consequently drier and nicer smelling, in the summer when the van is sat in the sun then the roof gets cracked open too - Andy Simpson has probably had the most mud through his heater inlets, it came out the vents on the dash I believe

syncrowjoker
80-90 Mem No: 2502

Post by syncrowjoker »

:ok WHS windows
AKA Syncrostan

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Post by silverbullet »

A bucket on the floor, full of dishwasher salt. Draws up all the moisture in the air. You can bake the salt in the oven to dry it out if you want to waste the electric/gas or just use the salt as intended. Cheap as chips.
Change monthly in really damp weather. Works a treat for my inlaws with their...c a r a v a n :roll: