post wales weekend

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Re: post wales weekend

Post by silverbullet »

Sensible query: as syncroandy doesn't seem to log in that much now he's out in the boondocks, could someone make contact and get him to post up the raw materials/dimensions he used to produce his canvas tunnel/garage? I may have need of such a structure very soon...

syncroandy
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 851

Post by syncroandy »

Hi Ian, I do check the forum every couple of days. The setup I had in Wales was a 12x21' canvas with 18 ~3' fibreglass british army cammo net poles. The concept is pretty adaptable to different sizes, just add/remove poles as required for the size of canvas. Ideally the canvas wants to have pockets down the longer sides into which to slide the poles, and have a number of ~1/2" eyelets for the guy ropes.
Syncrosport
Volkswagen Transporter, reloaded.

252 GC5 EJ25 AAN L90D
246 097 AFN AVL+ L90D
Syncronaut #004

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Post by silverbullet »

Cheers Andy. I'll get onto Denbeigh Surplus or somesuch and see what they've got. Yours was a "Frame tent joining sheet" IIRC? Maybe a brief write up for the wiki would be in order as it's a great improvised garage for not a lot of outlay. You must gave a super-industrial sewing machine btw :lol:

HarryMann
Admin/Mod
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by HarryMann »

You must gave a super-industrial sewing machine btw

Yes Ian, he was a parachute maker in a former incarnation.... :wink:
Either that or a sailmaker, or which there might be a few left a bit south of you?

PC52 had a tame tarp maker nearby, but I think they are not quite so tame as they were - Pete or Sharon might correct me on that.
The 80-90 Tech Wikipedia Your 1st port of call :idea

1.9TD Syncro Doka / Syncro Kastenwagen / 16" Kombi Camper
Syncronaut No. 1