post wales weekend

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

..lee..
80-90 Mem No: 4478

Re: post wales weekend

Post by ..lee.. »

with regards to the b230k engine giving up, its probally down to a million miles use. these engines are generally bomb proof and get used for rallying in sweeden it would be a worthwile investment i think rebuilding one of the buggered ones cause once run in it would probally out last the plannet. apparently you can take them out to 2900cc.???.
it`s a big round cage and there`s too many animals in it for my liking. To help address this ring lee on 07977 765818.

lughole
80-90 Mem No: 4969

Post by lughole »

i will rebuild the original, after a time. and yeh, i reckon its done a squillion miles.
now 2900 c.c. i could handle...
Wales being just the final straw to break the back of the preverbial syncro Donkey.

am i the only one to be pretty blown away by the vyrnwy dam area?
Syncro Doka 2.3 b230a

Tree surgery, mobile woodmilling, rare plants. http://www.gardenmatters.biz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. - Eric Blair

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Post by silverbullet »

lughole wrote:i will rebuild the original, after a time. and yeh, i reckon its done a squillion miles.
now 2900 c.c. i could handle...
Wales being just the final straw to break the back of the preverbial syncro Donkey.

Good man! Not sure the 094 box will last as long as the engine...how much torque would a bad boy like that make over the 2.3 anyway?
I was gutted not to get a good shot of the dam as we approached it :cry: Just have to go back there then :D
Did manage to take this one, sorry about the title!
Lughole breaks down in Wales.jpg
Lughole breaks down in Wales.jpg (48.1 KiB) Viewed 7833 times

lughole

Post by lughole »

:lol: oh the shame of it, the only breakdown...
to be honest, when i got out of the van to try something to get it going, i was greated by everyone looking quite excited there was a breakdown.
think theres gonna be a volvo thread soon, as it sounds like Neil (axeman) is taking the volvo plunge at the same time as im fitting my new one.

sorry to everyone for B230a thread derailment...
Syncro Doka 2.3 b230a

Tree surgery, mobile woodmilling, rare plants. http://www.gardenmatters.biz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act. - Eric Blair

syncropaddy
80-90 Mem No: 1019

Post by syncropaddy »

I know that Syncros can get everywhere but this is ridiculous .... >>CLICK<<
syncropaddy

One Syncro, five Mercedes Benzs and a rocket ship

HarryMann
Admin/Mod
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by HarryMann »

No, you're not! The drive around the perimeter access roads we had returning quite late on the Saturday, gave some spactacular views, also as we then climbed up and away from the far end, to the highest road in Wales, gave more good views. Probably why it was included in the return to camp routes.

The Monday laning group after Syncropendence (the usual stopover suspects!) have at least twice toured over to Vyrnwy, or included it in their laning routes... the tea-rooms by the dam often featuring! It's not that far from Llanfyllin, SP site. In fact the farmer at Llanfyllin was off last year on the Sunday, to do a charity cycle ride around the lake - not sure how many laps, but he was a bit sore the next day :|

We are really very lucky to have such a beautiful country to tour around and drive over, so close to all our doorsteps. I'm sure we'll route through there again in the future.
In fact, one year soon, I think we should have a whole week at Llanfyllin to allow everyone new, to drive out each day, as there are interesting and stunning lanes in most directions, certainly North South and West.
The 80-90 Tech Wikipedia Your 1st port of call :idea

1.9TD Syncro Doka / Syncro Kastenwagen / 16" Kombi Camper
Syncronaut No. 1

lughole

Post by lughole »

syncropaddy wrote:I know that Syncros can get everywhere but this is ridiculous .... >>CLICK<<

:rofl
yeh thats karls doing, not mine, had a good laugh when i found that a few months ago...
lots of wanted posts on that site at the moment for a replacement :cry:
opps this should be for the new volvo thread...ill let Neil do that posibly, hes more clued up than me!

tea rooms? what with cake? that seals it im back to vyrnwy with the whole family in spring... :)
Syncro Doka 2.3 b230a

syncrodoug
80-90 Mem No: 1053

Post by syncrodoug »

If the clouds had cleared...

then this is what would have been seen.....

80-90: 1053
Syncronauts: 15
T3 Syncro DOKA (makeover nearly finished)
T4 Syncro LWB Panel Van - now departed
T3 Syncro SIKA - deciding whether it's for the chop or worth saving

jed the spread
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1967

Post by jed the spread »

I was just clearing the memory card on the camera and stumbled upon a bit of video I must have over looked from last weekend. For those who did the route north of Bala Remember this? It was abit of an a*** twitcher wasnt it :lol:

jed
CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM

VW T25 Van Spares, Westfalia Parts, Quality Camping Gear & More

silverbullet
Trader

Post by silverbullet »

Definitely "half-crown to a sixpence" stuff :shock:
Time to dust off the Brown Corduroy Award for a new recipient!

..lee..
80-90 Mem No: 4478

Post by ..lee.. »

sure mark has a pic of me tackling that......ALL WRONG..... i might add. thought a bit of a run up was needed thought my weekend was going to end there and then. :oops:
it`s a big round cage and there`s too many animals in it for my liking. To help address this ring lee on 07977 765818.

ELVIS
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 3111

Post by ELVIS »

syncropaddy wrote:I know that Syncros can get everywhere but this is ridiculous .... >>CLICK<<

Is that doka a C reg ?

syncropaddy
80-90 Mem No: 1019

Post by syncropaddy »

ELVIS wrote:

Is that doka a C reg ?

I dont think so but Id say you'd feel a right t**t driving it if it was!!
syncropaddy

One Syncro, five Mercedes Benzs and a rocket ship

lughole

Post by lughole »

H reg, ive heard it all before, ta! there is a space inbetween to fit a 'c' tho, im just waiting till someone does...but its not an invite.
Syncro Doka 2.3 b230a

silverbullet
Trader

Post by silverbullet »

Nah, we'll just letter up Jed's searchlights under cover of darkness...suggested 5 letter words to reflect the owner's attitude/orientation? :twisted: