Devon Syncro Event

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

toomanytoys
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 41

Re: Devon Syncro Event

Post by toomanytoys »

Looks and sounds like it was a good job we didnt come... we wouldnt have enjoyed ourselves at all.............................. :( :( :( :(

jebiga41
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 5654

Post by jebiga41 »

HarryMann wrote:Still here, cruised around this morning searching for Paul's mag mount etc. Walked 3 lanes and couldn't find it. Sorry,

Just pulled into Tesco carpark to the sound of 4 litres of hot oil pissing onto pavoirs. Thanks Andy Mc for dragging us back to the campsite (after cleaning up). Seems one of the sump blanking plugs and the bashplate had been mating over the weekend. It couldn't have happened at a better moment - we could have been on the motorway coming home. Anyway all fixed now, finishing site clean up. Andy left a couple of hours ago. Very quiet and beautiful evening again - even our neighbours have gone home.

Long haul home tomorrow. What a cracking week, best for a long, long time.

thanks for trying clive, Tesco must love you :) seemed to have bent my engine protection aswell a lot of vibrations and noise will investigate at the weekend when off, haven't forgot aboout your rear drum clive
VW T3/T25 and Syncro Gearbox rebuilds
http://vantopia.ie

JustSharon
80-90 Mem No: 3428

Post by JustSharon »

We're back, slow toodle home yesterday - pretty awesome weekend.
Back at work in 1/2 hour so will take some time tonight and upload the reams of footage.
Paul the lamb was a success - Sunday dinner for (I think) 24 in a campsite! Oh and not forgetting the cocktail hour on Saturday.
It's all the little moments in life that make it a big adventure.

1989 AFN TDI Syncro

axeman
80-90 Mem No: 6410

Post by axeman »

JustSharon wrote:We're back, slow toodle home yesterday - pretty awesome weekend.
Back at work in 1/2 hour so will take some time tonight and upload the reams of footage.
Paul the lamb was a success - Sunday dinner for (I think) 24 in a campsite! Oh and not forgetting the cocktail hour on Saturday.

waiting to see what the mess that i got in too looks like, felt pritty bad from where i was sitting, :oops:

neil
Back in the game with an uncut 2wd panel van

Syncrobaz
80-90 Mem No: 10610

Post by Syncrobaz »

Just checked the photos of Tarr Steps and am gutted ! I wanted to be with you but had a prior engament visiting her daughter in Milton Keynes ! We will definately be with you next time.
1992 14" PANEL VAN Baz n Hil
Syncronaut no 152
92 RHD mv panel van
94 RHD jx doka 16"

HarryMann
Admin/Mod
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by HarryMann »

Just back after what seemed like the best Devon Lanes since CJ's first one... from Froday onwards fantastic weather and that helps.

FInally got some upgrades & maintenance done. On the caravan there...

Next year back to 1st w/e in August unless a good reason to shift the event pops up.

Photos & videos soon.

Paul, b/drum no prob, I also forgot to return your brake adjuster :oops:
The 80-90 Tech Wikipedia Your 1st port of call :idea

1.9TD Syncro Doka / Syncro Kastenwagen / 16" Kombi Camper
Syncronaut No. 1

JennyTyger

Post by JennyTyger »

The sunday was very tame but enjoyable, have lots of footage but ended up on the cutting room floor as doesn't make v interesting viewing. But in the case of all this stuff you had to be there!

Wouldn't think Neil & Roger would say that, a bit of unintended off-piste activity there, and I'd have certainly needed a stiff scotch after sliding where Neil did.
But some very pretty areas with good light and sea views, somewhat horsey, horsey in that part of Devon, quite unlike our Saturday stomping ground (didn't see a soul on the lanes) - in fact somewhat reminiscent of parts of Surrey?

I particularly thought the Friday night drive around was fun, left somewhat later than intended, nevertheless a lovely clear evening with good views at times over Exmoor, just completing last lane as darkness fell... some right spooky spots up on those Blackdown Hills :run

Simon - Yes, the spotting was necessary, partic with the high tops and when I didn't call for it myself we ended up not only at an extreme angle but scratched a panel...

Baz - MK on a BH weekend? When you coulda been in sunny Devon :)

Paul - Checked the oilstained pavoirs the next day, looked like my frantic cleaning efforts paid off, should be just an old stain after the next rains. But unfortunate, would have been awful down one of those lanes or the Motorway - think the Gods were smiling on all of us this weekend once the clouds parted Friday morning.

Clive
Jenny
Member: 379

every decoding is another encoding

syncropaddy
80-90 Mem No: 1019

Post by syncropaddy »

Jenny, please give Paul a list of oil removing products that were used in the car park after your 'incident'. :ok
syncropaddy

One Syncro, five Mercedes Benzs and a rocket ship

HarryMann
Admin/Mod

Post by HarryMann »

Tesco best shampoo for starters, but a BIG roll of blue paper towel from Mole Valley Farmers Co-Op came to hand pretty sharpish :|

Syncronaut No. 1

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Post by silverbullet »

I think now we'd all like to see some pics of Neil's "brown corduroy" moment, in all it's glory!

HarryMann
Admin/Mod

Post by HarryMann »

The spot is photo'd but I think it was all a bit busy for camerawork, arty or otherwise.. we arrived after 'recovery' (to a level position back on track)

Syncronaut No. 1

axeman
80-90 Mem No: 6410

Post by axeman »

the lads with sharon and pete were acting as the film crew have no idea as to how much footage they got as i was working too hard on keeping my right foot on the breaks as was sharon, while pete and andy were working out how too get me out of the mess i was in.

felt fine once the ropes were on though :shock:

neil
Back in the game with an uncut 2wd panel van

Crankin-wagen
80-90 Mem No: 4150

Post by Crankin-wagen »

Made it home on wednesday

Great weather!
Great Lanes!
Great craic!

Thanks to all :ok

David

JustSharon
80-90 Mem No: 3428

Post by JustSharon »

First video uploading now,
Will pop a link up in the morning, a little glimpse into Neil's escapades.
Point of interest - the whole recovery took more than and hour.
The film does not do justice to the whole situation.
It's all the little moments in life that make it a big adventure.

1989 AFN TDI Syncro

sonic23
80-90 Mem No: 1158

Post by sonic23 »

That's a really, really good video Paul.......the from in cab perspective reminds me of the Robocob fim when they first switch him on!

Looks like everyone had a great time.

1st weekend in August is good works for me. We always tend to be away for Aug bank hols as it's our wedding anniversary.

Rich