Post Syncropendence 2010

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

jed the spread
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1967

Post Syncropendence 2010

Post by jed the spread »

Hey, that was abit good wasnt it :mrgreen: Thanks for sorting out that was for me my best so far Syncropendence chaps.

Highlights for me were the Saturday afternoon activity that involved stamping the card out of your window, what a great idea that was. It was a right laugh and better than just ragging around the place, (though that is quite good too). Big thanks to my new mate Max who was awesome at leaning out of my window on the really scary bits :lol: Your enthusiasm is inspiring and I really enjoyed myself trying to get the van in some bloody hard places. The Westy behaved itself and showed that It can go just about anywhere, and thanks to Pete and my sparing partner Sharon for the winch out of that weird bit. I will try and get some pictures up later and once again thanks :D

jed
CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM

VW T25 Van Spares, Westfalia Parts, Quality Camping Gear & More

toomanytoys
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 41

Re: Post Syncropendence 2010

Post by toomanytoys »

Yeah.. WHS^^^^^^
Cracking site... dont think we saw all of it though.. so I think Clive has a couple of spots to "discover" according to the farmer...

The "punch" challenge was good wasnt it... :ok :ok

Max certainly gave it her all.. nice one Max.. :ok

Thanks for the prop Doug.. neve discussed price... :oops: :oops: need to sort that.. passing your place Fri 1-2pm ish... :ok

Thanks Syncronauts for organising... :ok :ok

jed the spread
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1967

Post by jed the spread »

Sorry about the rubbish quality of the pictures as I did them on the mobile phone.

jed
CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM

VW T25 Van Spares, Westfalia Parts, Quality Camping Gear & More

eltee
80-90 Mem No: 8417

Post by eltee »

great weekend, thanks to all involved in the organisation, after seeing Eric trying to fell the tree, i will get a bit of practice in for the next trial.

great to meet a lot of folk from on here, sorry we shot off quick like, we were having sunday lunch at my pals in pentrafoelas near Betws y coed,

Pete
91 syncro ex bundeswehr

syncro up
80-90 Mem No: 3981

Post by syncro up »

Great weekend, loved the stamp hunt.
Didnt take many pictures this year.

Video of Neils recovery
Life is like a roll of toilet paper
The closer it gets to the end, the faster it goes...

Todays might Oak is just yesterdays nut which held its ground!

'87 Rhd 2.1 Syncro Moonraker
'91 Rhd AAZ Syncro Sika
'03 Merlin Syncro Expedition Trailer

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Post by silverbullet »

Well, that certainly was an eye-opener for a syncro virgin! I'm still reeling from what you can get them to do!
Many thanks to Clive and Jenny for putting it all together and top novice instruction; Neil for telling me to go in the first place; Si for more driving advice on what you can do with a DG and experience; Roger for letting me break his pickup some more; and everyone else for being so welcoming. #1 son had a great time too :D
The shopping list starts with a wheel bearing kit (I hope), CB, followed by some big tyres (maybe s/h)
I don't think I'll be needing that Caravelle interior now :lol:

sonic23
80-90 Mem No: 1158

Post by sonic23 »

Well it was lovely to briefly see everyone....and those pictures are making me very jealous.
One day I'll get to drive this site.

Thanks to everyone who helped me get recovered. The recovery company were fantastic and I was back in Bristol about 4pm on Sat.

In case anyone is wondering what was up, I got the gearbox out Yesterday afternoon to discover the following mess behind the clutch: (BTW - the SACHS clutch has only done 12k miles and was brand new 2 years ago :shock: )

I've replaced the spiggot bearing too......feck me.....4 hours to get that sod out....it was practically welded in place.
cheers,
Rich

toomanytoys
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 41

Post by toomanytoys »

No probs Ian..

:shock: FRELL me Rich.. thats taken a battering... well ... couldnt have guessed that.. although I am sure we said poss clutch prob.. but spigot most likely...

DO you ride the clutch a lot?? ie at traffic lights and junctions?? thats the normal cause for them to dissintegrate.. but could be a faulty one...

axeman
80-90 Mem No: 6410

Post by axeman »

thanks to all involved, we all had a grate time, realy enjoyed the trail and the stamp thing well as much as we managed to do :( got a bit side tracked else where)

i think max gets the brown trousers award :D while driving adains van, along with me after my van dunped a load of it's oil while sounding like a steam train.

gona definatly stay on next year for the lanes on the monday. but i had to go to work today.

only took a couple of pics.

thanks again to all involved

see you all in devon

neil
Back in the game with an uncut 2wd panel van

max.karisma
80-90 Mem No: 3693

Post by max.karisma »

Apologises for long post but so many to thank for a brill weekend!
Firstly thanx to Irish David for telling me 'to get my a**e down to Syncropendence, I'd have a great time' understatement, I had the time of my life! I'm still getting a buzz off it :D
Big thanx to the organisers of the event, couldn't of asked for more!!
Thanx to everyone who helped me get my 2wd over the river to join the syncros . . . thank god it didn't rain heavy over the weekend :shock:
Thanx to Simon & Jed for letting me drive their vans and excellent tuition . . . brave men!
Well Jed I don't usually make new mates by letting them hang me off a hillside and get me to crawl out of their window but hey it worked and I agree I had a brilliant time playing the puch game :D (even the digging out!) Thanx for taking me on board!
Then the German Trial (which was excellent), Aiden offers me his van to have a go but prior to that he lets me get used to his vehicle by taking me over the trickiest terrain I'd drove and then shows me how to park a van so you can change a wheel without a jack :shock: (see Jed's pic)
Short break to allow my hands and legs to stop shaking then into the trial with Debs, top spotter and calming influence . . . sorry what did you say those diffs do :? Completed course, van ok, nerves shot :wink: Big thanx to Aiden, it was a massive plus to my weekend and I warmed his clutch up for his drive in the finals! Hey! Sharon your extensive driving experience was much appreciated :ok
Rain came in and my 2wd don't do grassy slopes so thanx to Di & Clive for towing me off the field :D
Needless to say top weekend and great company . . . do you think Santa can fit a Syncro in my stocking :lol:
Dream as if you will live forever; Live as if you will die today, James Dean

Simon Baxter
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1

Post by Simon Baxter »

Resavoir dags...

'86 VW T3 syncro panel
'89 VW T3 Westy Atlantic
'81 Porsche 924
SJ Baxter LTD/Brickwerks

syncropaddy
80-90 Mem No: 1019

Post by syncropaddy »

Ever seen a pic of Aidan without a bottle in his hand .....
syncropaddy

One Syncro, five Mercedes Benzs and a rocket ship

JustSharon
80-90 Mem No: 3428

Post by JustSharon »

Cracking weekend.
We came home and landed with our feet running - yet again, so much to do and no time!
Nevertheless, Pete, myself, Andrew, Georgia and Balloo (Andrew's pal- or the donk!) have had a lovely weekend
Pics yet to upload and vid needs putting together (Jed I have an idea for some appropriate music!)

Thanks to Dai for helping with the English version of the German trial. Both of us thoroughly enjoyed it. The results of which are:
Mudlark (in Clive's Doka) - 1st round 1 x reverse = 8 points, 2nd round 1 x reverse & 2 dropped balls = 48 points
Aidan - 1st round 1 x revers = 8 points, 2nd round 2 reverses and 3 dropped balls = 76 points
Clive, Glen, Patrick (bit of foreign language) & Neil all fininshed on 28 points in the first round.
Max, the 2wd owner in a borrowed van - Superb - 2 reverses and 1 ball = 36 points

Now, Doug and Roger went off and set the punch trial up, which created a bizarre affect in our van, kids yelling all through the van there's one, quick! In fact I could quite say the majority became 'punch drunk'. - again the beauty of the site - it looks okay but then...
It's all the little moments in life that make it a big adventure.

1989 AFN TDI Syncro

JennyTyger
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by JennyTyger »

We're still here in Wales - had a great day's laning. It's freezing so I am sitting in the doka typing in the dark, just about picking up a signal.

Really enjoyed the punch challenge and the German trial - thanks to all involved.

Did my first recovery, pulling Patrick out of the boggy area.

Hopefully should have a few piccies to put up - downloading them now.
Jenny
Member: 379

every decoding is another encoding

silverbullet
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 6908

Post by silverbullet »

I now realize just how many people I completely failed to talk to, either for any polite duration or at all...so many personalities, so little weekend - must get to Devon!