Post Syncropendence 2010

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

Mudlark
80-90 Mem No: 394

Re: Post Syncropendence 2010

Post by Mudlark »

Another 5 star Syncropendence!

Heres a link to Charlies pictures http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/Syncromar ... directlink

He says he could'nt be arsed to photo me and my little victory in the trial :roll:
--
1.9 TDI Syncro 16 Westfalia Joker
--

John Potter
80-90 Mem No: 6490

Post by John Potter »

Wow, that was fun - my first time off road !. I'm still amazed at what the van can do (or other peoples vans anyway :shock: )

Thanks to all for welcoming a newbie, and to the organisers for setting the whole whole thing up.

All i need now is better tyres and a bit more confidence...... :pimp

HarryMann
Admin/Mod
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by HarryMann »

Now on our way home, M54 50 miles into the journey. Very clever fix of a broken clutch slave-cylinder bracket by Aidan utilising Andy Mc's v. high quality Draper ratchet strap. Can't imagine any other solution would work. Gearbox out when we get home. Without the fix total show stopper. Now a known weak point on diesels.

More when we get home - feels like it will hold all the way.
The 80-90 Tech Wikipedia Your 1st port of call :idea

1.9TD Syncro Doka / Syncro Kastenwagen / 16" Kombi Camper
Syncronaut No. 1

mot falia
80-90 Mem No: 0

Post by mot falia »

fab weekend, really enjoyed it, kids did too, thankyou to all concerned who organized it,
ps found some tools by my van when packing away, if anyone's lost some, have them here safe, and will post them back to owner if need be.
Thanks again for a brill weekend.
syncro multivan, syncro caravelle, syncro sika, various t3 and lots of audi's

Syncro G
80-90 Mem No: 3988

Post by Syncro G »

Top weekend, can't belive I've never made it before - will try and book some extra time off work next time so I can enjoy it a bit more (ie lane on monday and arive before 1am saturday - though that'll be easyer now I know theres a river in the way and where the ford is!)

Sadly didn't take any pictures but I'm taking great delight gorping at everyone elses - thanks for your efforts!
Glen Syncronaut: 113 - 1992 JX Syncro pannel van

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Post by Aidan »

Thanks to everyone who came and especially to Roger and Doug and Pete and Sharon and Dai and Debs for organising the punch hunt and the trial, and Julia for just being there of course
Finally home after stopping off to swap tyres at the secret hideout with SyncroAndy's help and after emptying the crap out to get to the engine bay I finally found, I think, the misfire issue, no.2 lead, despite having continuity and the correct impedence seems to have an issue as pulling it off the disi didn't cause a drop in revs (idling on 3) or a pick up on reconnecting, though it did give me a belt, despite rubber gloves, but replacing it with spare and da-na no rough Idle, a quick spin has shown it to working ok now :ok
hope that really is it.
Two days laning and a farm full of syncros and good peeps, cracking long weekend - roll on the Autumn for some more laning fun

oh Andrew, just been to the off-licence for a cold one or three, :lol:

you should have seen us filling the bottle banks at LLansantffraid Ym Mechain :roll: , they weren't ALL mine :oops:

syncropaddy
80-90 Mem No: 1019

Post by syncropaddy »

HarryMann wrote:Now on our way home, M54 50 miles into the journey. Very clever fix of a broken clutch slave-cylinder bracket by Aidan utilising Andy Mc's v. high quality Draper ratchet strap. Can't imagine any other solution would work. Gearbox out when we get home. Without the fix total show stopper. Now a known weak point on diesels.

More when we get home - feels like it will hold all the way.

Any pics of this Clive? Might as well beef mine up while I have the engine out
syncropaddy

One Syncro, five Mercedes Benzs and a rocket ship

jebiga41
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 5654

Post by jebiga41 »

sounds like ye had a great time pity missed it see ye at Devon Paul
VW T3/T25 and Syncro Gearbox rebuilds
http://vantopia.ie

Justavan
80-90 Mem No: 3672

Post by Justavan »

Big thanks to all concerned Shona and I had a BRILLIANT weekend......... :D

Still can't believe what my Doka can do now I've survived my first Syncropendance .......:P

Learned an awful lot thanks to you guys.............. :ok

I. Leave trees well alone

2. Don't open your Iron Bru at the top of the hill

3. Always carry a change of under pants if Clive says....... " Just follow me" ......... :run

Hope we can make the next round up of Syncronauts very soon and it was lovely to meet you all.

P.S Shona says she has had to move her parameters for the saying of ......"OH SH*T"......... :rofl :rofl :rofl

HarryMann
Admin/Mod

Post by HarryMann »

They're all lovely comments, thanks for building up a picture of the flavour of SP7, not a lot to do then...

Apart from:

re-iterate and pass on thanks to the full Syncronauts Comittee, who couldn't all be with us at SP7 but who've worked and contributed over the last few years to make Syncropendence do-able with the minimum of fuss, and organise other meets that have different flavours, but come together and work.

Special thanks of course to Doug, Kev and Jenny, the current Vice Chair, Secretary and Treasurer respectively.

There's also those non committee members who helped enormously by just being involved this time, to name a few: Julia, MattFlint, Glen, Pete & Sharron (made the equipment & succesfully masterminded the German trial) and so many others...

Thanks also to all those who gave some driver induction, help, encouragement, or offered driving or passengering seats to those who for whatever reason were without their own drive.

.. to all the children, who were great and seemed to get into the spirit of the meet. They seemed to be enjoying all the site has to offer.
... to all the first timers, who made the commitment to get there, some from quite a distance.
.... to the beautiful horse that galloped (thundered) past our tent early Tuesday morning and which gave an almighty 'neigh' a minute later, which without a shadow of doubt meant... 'Oh What a lovely morning! and Wow! What a lovely field of scrumptious grass'.

Looks like Mark and Aidan (1 & 2 this year) will be setting next year's German trial so that Sharon & Pete can actually take part!

Also, I'm hearing noises about extending the scope of the PUnCH trial, Roger came up with the idea, and with Doug's help setting it all out, certainly made the 1st one a great success :ok

.. so yes, of course, we shall be aiming to improve SP next year, but it will always be influenced by the Welsh weather, which despite its best efforts, hasn't totally extinguished an SP campfire yet.

That was SP2007 that was, and Mark's Charlie with the umbrella over the fire...

This year, the weather was really good, the Sunday drizzle-on-the-wind tested us slightly but I didn't notice many heading back until the trial was fully over and a winner declared (Dai deserves special mention in despatches for helping the PCS)
Later, as has happened before, the Sunday evening weather was a delight, a few went back up to explore some new areas and chill out with a free-driving session. Visibility at times over the weekend was 30 miles or more, the deep greens of the fields and forests belying their lack of Spring rainfall.

Clive

Syncronaut No. 1

HarryMann
Admin/Mod

Post by HarryMann »

PS.

Will reply to a few of those posts above personally, but yes Aidan, your fix worked 100%... yes Andrew, I'll snap it before unfixing and removing the gearbox (no other choice!)

Apologies to:

Eric & Shona; Roger & Julia; John Potter; Ian SilverBullet & son Francis; Jason & Pauline and others

for not saying goodbye.

Sorry for overfilling the oil, and the blue smoke & smells, ran clean on way home :wink:

19.8 mpg from leaving home Friday to Tuesday morning leaving campsite (approx 250 incl. green lanes, drove down on A and B roads). Probably about 50/50 tarmac/dirt fuel use.
Drove back on M-ways as far as possible, so will check that figure (but looks like better than 25 mpg)

Syncronaut No. 1

syncropaddy
80-90 Mem No: 1019

Post by syncropaddy »

jebiga41 wrote:sounds like ye had a great time pity missed it see ye at Devon Paul

Yeah, Ill second that. Paddys invade Devon
syncropaddy

One Syncro, five Mercedes Benzs and a rocket ship

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Post by Aidan »

Paddys invade Devon

book early as spaces limited, deposits being taken.......

toomanytoys
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 41

Post by toomanytoys »

HarryMann wrote:PS.

19.8 mpg from leaving home Friday to Tuesday morning leaving campsite (approx 250 incl. green lanes, drove down on A and B roads). Probably about 50/50 tarmac/dirt fuel use.
Drove back on M-ways as far as possible, so will check that figure (but looks like better than 25 mpg)

Mmm.. My 1.9 petrol seemed to average about 18mpg overall but that was at the fill up in Telford...

syncrodoug
80-90 Mem No: 1053

Post by syncrodoug »

Some more pics from a wonderful weekend.......

80-90: 1053
Syncronauts: 15
T3 Syncro DOKA (makeover nearly finished)
T4 Syncro LWB Panel Van - now departed
T3 Syncro SIKA - deciding whether it's for the chop or worth saving