salisbury plain expo

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

lance
80-90 Mem No: 3771

salisbury plain expo

Post by lance »

just seen 4 syncros going through our village covered in mud looking hard
is jeds the one with the funny sticker on the back?
i wish i had one (a syncro) :ok
there was a illegal rave busted last night with 4 thousand people on the plain ,one copper got ran over i hope you guys didnt get caught up in it ...ha ha

axeman
80-90 Mem No: 6410

Re: salisbury plain expo

Post by axeman »

we saw the ravers they looked wasted, clive even pulled one along to give him a jump start (he is so down with the kids). then found some lanes that lead to the rave site, rubbish and cars scatterd all over, the police had blocked off the roads leading up to the site and then gave us a grilling about how to drive on the bye ways. let not worrey about all the prats that were doing there thing of some farmers land.
Back in the game with an uncut 2wd panel van

lance

Post by lance »

the dopey gits have wrecked the village and are still here those coppers didnt nick anyone but soaking up the overtime
i wonder how many drove away under the influence of substances?and they had a go at you ....bloody cheek

jed the spread
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 1967

Post by jed the spread »

lance wrote:just seen 4 syncros going through our village covered in mud looking hard

Yeh thats mine :mrgreen: You should have flagged us down for a chat. Here are some pictures while my video is uploading to youtube.

Those ravers looked like they came off the set of Shawn of the dead :lol: never seen anything like it :shock:

jed
CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM

VW T25 Van Spares, Westfalia Parts, Quality Camping Gear & More

PC52
80-90 Mem No: 3428

Post by PC52 »

lance wrote:just seen 4 syncros going through our village covered in mud looking hard
i wish i had one (a syncro) :ok
there was a illegal rave busted last night with 4 thousand people on the plain ,one copper got ran over i hope you guys didnt get caught up in it ...ha ha

Covered in mud? Us?

Trying out the camo look.

It's even worse now, shall take a pic in the morning of the real hard caked on camo mud! Then it's getting jetted! and back to shiny yellow
1.9 TDI Syncro Multivan
1.9 TDI Doka project in progress

lance

Post by lance »

amazing iam seriously thinking about getting one now

syncropaddy
80-90 Mem No: 1019

Post by syncropaddy »

You guys in the UK are lucky. We dont have green lanes in Ireland .... we call them 'B' roads :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
syncropaddy

One Syncro, five Mercedes Benzs and a rocket ship

HarryMann
Admin/Mod
80-90 Mem No: 379

Post by HarryMann »

Amazing, seriously thinking of getting one now!

:D

Just get a good one!

====

With Andy's help and under Aidan's shelter we got Al's new CVJ fitted to my truck by 8 O'Clock, just as Aidan served up a delicious vegge curry for all of us.
Matt by then had cleaned up after replacing the same CVJ for the second time... so with a bottle of red as well we settled down and made plans for today (Monday)...

===

Today we drove one of the longest continuous lanes in England - over 13 miles (the one Doug drove most of on Friday) - its dead straight for many miles, with some good views here and there (and a fair bit of builders dumped rubbish for the first few miles)

Then a pub lunch and off up the Oxdrove going South, incredible long distance views and perfect August afternoon weather.

We left then for Devon, Matt & Aidan taking the lower ridgeway/Ox drove back towards Salisbury.

===

All making for a perfect end to a great weekend on the plains, seeing how the army train and how much space they have to do it (lots & lots & lots)

Thanks to Neil for kicking our asses into gear to get down there - these are far from boring lanes.
The 80-90 Tech Wikipedia Your 1st port of call :idea

1.9TD Syncro Doka / Syncro Kastenwagen / 16" Kombi Camper
Syncronaut No. 1

PC52

Post by PC52 »

And this bit of video, just for Jed ...

bomb hole
1.9 TDI Syncro Multivan

sandwedge
80-90 Mem No: 7352

Post by sandwedge »

Any chance of getting some of these route posted to the forum? Marked up multimap etc.

PC52

Post by PC52 »

All the lanes we did this weekend have been trascked on memory map, so it shouldn't be a problem to send you an overlay.
pm your email,
Actually there are loads more lanes in that area ready for another trip out.
1.9 TDI Syncro Multivan

Aidan
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 742

Post by Aidan »

Cracking weekend thanks to everyone who came along.
Matt and I carried on laning till nearly 6 oclock yesterday and ended up back in the village hall car park for a cup of tea before heading homewards, I left Matt in Glocester heading to Doug's to drop off Roger's jack etc.
The afternoons lanes were a good mix including a very very very tight one, that is TRO'd in winter by the looks of it, not for shiney vehicles, but it lead back to the oxdrove which was long and good views and nice mix of woods and open. There were a few others out on the lanes, including one Rangie who was really pissed to see our campers doing what he was as he was showing off to his girlfriend, he let here drive the easy bits though ! Should have let her drive it all weren't hard, I was on road tyres, had to use difflock once to be sure of not sliding into a gate post.

freej
80-90 Mem No: 4772

Post by freej »

Had a great day with you guys on saturday, including towing Roger back to the site!, good to see what the van can really do. really want to get back up to do some more green laning now! thanks to all, see you again.
Ben and Chloe :D
1990 caravelle gl
1989 jx syncro 14''

rogerg-wagon
80-90 Mem No: 1669

Post by rogerg-wagon »

We had a great time as well, many thanks to Doug and Aiden for their leadership skills and Chloe for helping Dad Ben tow us back to the Campsite after overheating in the lanes and of course Neil for getting the whole weekend started.
Aiden diagnosed our overheating problem very quickly at the campsite as he watched the van pee all its water back out the overflow pipe due to an old reservior cap being faulty. once replaced all was well.
We also suffered with a worn CV Joint but it lasted till we got home.
Shame we could n,t stay till Monday but we had promised to visit the in-laws whilst in the area, I,ll know better in future! :?

Matflint
80-90 Mem No: 1867

Post by Matflint »

I had a great time as well even if everything didn't quite go to plan :D

Just like to say a big thanks to everyone for their help, advice, tools and parts

Monday was good especially when it started getting a bit fluffy
1986 Syncro Camper 1800 petrol
1992 Syncro Sika 1600 deisel