My first green laning

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

syncropatrick
80-90 Mem No: 5294

My first green laning

Post by syncropatrick »

Went to the Mendips today with a Defender 90 owning chum to try some green laning. Twas great fun. Had a cup of tea in the middle of nowhere surrounded by new-born lambs and heifers. Saw a farmer doing extreme herding down a country lane with a charging herd of cattle - they made quite a racket. Bumped into a couple of chaps on motocross bikes who were very friendly, surprised to see a Syncro on the hilly bits, then pulled their maps out and showed us more routes. Blinder! May go out tomorrow for some more action in Wiltshire. Used my rear locker loads, but didn't need the front, so just tested it worked a couple of times. Van has been christened with loads of scratches.

Looking forward to the weekend to do it with you lot.

Thanks to CJ for fitting the working VC.

More pics and a movie at http://gallery.me.com/harmonywood#100411
(Didn't do the really muddy route - thats for the dedicated mud pluggers)
Campervan Dehler Profi hightop Syncro 16” AGG

syncrosimon
80-90 Mem No: 3784

Re: My first green laning

Post by syncrosimon »

That looks great fun, it is a rare combination in one vehicle, camper van and off roader.

We stayed at a small campsite in between Wellow and Hinton Charter House, near Bath, and noticed a profusion of what looked like open by ways in that area.

Well worth exploring.

Simon.
1991 16" DJ (sold)
2006 Subaru Outback 3.0R
2010 Yamaha Ténéré
2000 KTM LC400

syncropatrick
80-90 Mem No: 5294

Post by syncropatrick »

syncrosimon wrote:We stayed at a small campsite in between Wellow and Hinton Charter House, near Bath, and noticed a profusion of what looked like open by ways in that area.

Well worth exploring.

Simon.

Yep, there sure are. Did 3 there yesterday, between Keynsham and Norton St. Philips. Backed out of a 4th cos it was for motocross only! 1 I got down, but not sure if the van has the oomph to go back up them - 12"ish rock drops on alternate sides, with wet rocks and a skim of mud.

P.
Campervan Dehler Profi hightop Syncro 16” AGG

Cariad
80-90 Mem No: 6090

Post by Cariad »

It's amazing what these vehicles can do. Was introduced to them and green laning last year and absolutely love it and them. Fantastic feeling when you see people's jaws drop when they see it off-road esp. if they own a Land Rover! :D

In regards to the rock drops....you never know until you have a go!!

Will be there in the 16 at Shipton - looking forward to it!

Cx
1991 T3 Syncro Crewcab 1.6TD