Out with the local club this weekend

Moderators: User administrators, Moderators

toomanytoys
Trader
80-90 Mem No: 41

Out with the local club this weekend

Post by toomanytoys »

A great time was had
mainly Landrovers and fourtracks.. I was the only Syncro and it raised a few eyebrows when we turned up... :lol: :lol:

By the end of Sunday people were asking for rides.... :lol: :lol: :lol: Certainly surprised them...

Have to cut and shut some pics and vid and put em somewhere... so will follow shortly...
May have found a nice little spot for an event and it may be poss to run a TYRO jointly with the club to cover costs and have a bit of fun...

syncrosimon
80-90 Mem No: 3784

Post by syncrosimon »

Where abouts did you go? There are miles of Old Roman Road in Lincolnshire, with wide open views over the Wolds. Will be great to see those photo's.
1991 16" DJ (sold)
2006 Subaru Outback 3.0R
2010 Yamaha Ténéré
2000 KTM LC400

toomanytoys
Trader

Post by toomanytoys »

No lanes, just in a Quarry this time.. for a bonfie and firworks on Sat night, little drive round too...
then sunday for a days driving.... nice little site with some good stuff.. hope to compete in the clubs tyro next year.. :D

TYRO =
Tyro trials are aimed primarily at those new to trialling. The word 'tyro' being defined in the dictionary as 'someone new to a field or activity'. (Tyro is also an acronym for 'Try Your Rover Out or better still 'Turn Your Rover Over'). In order to allow the event to be used as an introduction to offroading, drivers taking part can be as young as 14 years of age if the vehicle is a standard vehicle. An ideal opportunity to impress Dad or Mum!
The trial is set out within strict guidelines to ensure that there is little chance of damage to the vehicle or injury to the occupants. The maximum descent or climb gradient is 50% (1 in 2), the maximum side slope gradient is 25% ( 1 in 4 ) and the maximum depth of water is 0.6 metres. 2 feet in old measurements
There are 12 gates to a section, through which the vehicle must be maneuvered without touching the marker canes and without stopping. The first gate is 12 working down each gate to 1, the gate you touch gains you that score. Clearly the driver with the lowest score wins. Several sections are taken, some in reverse.

toomanytoys
Trader

Post by toomanytoys »

The long steep climb, a little slippy with a wheel lifting dip near the top.

Just cresting the "bum" as they call it, gloopy sandy on the up side

3 wheeling it... :lol: :lol: did this unsighted in the dark of Sat eve... :shock: was a little scary........

Syncro G
80-90 Mem No: 3988

Post by Syncro G »

Are Syncros aloud to "shunt" on tight corners? I know the rules are done on wheel base, SWB eg a LR90 (wheelbase 92.9") are not aloud to, Rangerovers (100") are LWB so can. I suspect a syncro (97"?) may well be classes as LWB, meaning should wind up SWB owners quite nicely!

Always wanted to have a go at trialing but the rules state the vehicle must heave seatbelts, regardless of wether it needs them for road use, so thats my landys banned.
Glen Syncronaut: 113 - 1992 JX Syncro pannel van

toomanytoys
Trader

Post by toomanytoys »

Well from the comments I got like "wow it turns really tight" etc.. I should think it wont be an issue..

They are going to organise a proper event in the new year so we shall see how I get on... :lol:

So its about a 97" wheelbase then?

matt
80-90 Mem No: 397

Post by matt »

I won a tyro once
under AWDC you are allowed one "shunt"

http://www.club80-90syncro.co.uk/Syncro ... biggin.htm
:)