Back from Adventure Overland 2016

Moderators: Moderators, User administrators

Back from Adventure Overland 2016

Postby irishkeet » 25 Sep 2016, 18:27

Hello

Well I had a great weekend and it was lovely to put some faces to the names. The evening meal was fantastic, many thanks to everyone who supplied a wonderful spread. After many a conversation about vans I have come away with loads of ideas :mrgreen:

all the best
irishkeet
User avatar
irishkeet
Trader
 
Posts: 2430
Joined: 30 Nov 2005, 13:26
Location: Cotton | Suffolk
80-90 Mem No: 2322

Re: Back from Adventure Overland

Postby max and caddy » 25 Sep 2016, 19:32

Got home a bit sooner than you ...we left at the same time in different directions! I had to take a bit of a detour to avoid a crash the M6 but it payed off and made it home alive..
max and caddy
 
Posts: 1922
Joined: 21 Feb 2012, 21:47
Location: lancaster uk
80-90 Mem No: 0

Saturday night feast at AO

Postby max and caddy » 25 Sep 2016, 19:38

Well food was eaten and very good it was...my pre packaged offering disappeared quickly so I don't feel guilty about my lack of "bake off" skills now..

Still not a fan of pasta. I'm more antipasta..

No idea what I ate or who made it but it stained my plate and tasted just fine... :ok
max and caddy
 
Posts: 1922
Joined: 21 Feb 2012, 21:47
Location: lancaster uk
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Back from Adventure Overland

Postby PC52 » 25 Sep 2016, 20:11

We're back!

Left AO at 4pm, 4.15 laid up at the side of the road, 7.30 on the flat bed.

Think it may be the rear drive line, although all the noise pointed towards the front driveline.

Diagnosis tomorrow morning.
1.9 TDI Syncro Multivan
1.9 TDI Doka project in progress
User avatar
PC52
 
Posts: 372
Joined: 21 Jul 2006, 15:25
Location: Northants. Syncronaut: 96
80-90 Mem No: 3428

Re: Back from Adventure Overland

Postby irishkeet » 26 Sep 2016, 05:53

PC52 wrote:We're back!

Left AO at 4pm, 4.15 laid up at the side of the road, 7.30 on the flat bed.

Think it may be the rear drive line, although all the noise pointed towards the front driveline.

Diagnosis tomorrow morning.


Ouch sorry to hear that hope its not too bad :roll:
User avatar
irishkeet
Trader
 
Posts: 2430
Joined: 30 Nov 2005, 13:26
Location: Cotton | Suffolk
80-90 Mem No: 2322

Re: Back from Adventure Overland

Postby bene » 26 Sep 2016, 11:28

Great weekend guys!
thanks to everybody involved...
I actually managed to spend very little money which was nice. Although that was probably helped by the fact the bar ran out of ale.
There was so much food, and it looked great! It made me wish I was eating carbs! ha!

Im not sure im going to go next year... if we do it might be the last for a couple of years.
Any one for cricket? what what?
User avatar
bene
 
Posts: 834
Joined: 03 Jan 2014, 14:39
Location: gillingham, the med (as in medway)
80-90 Mem No: 13093

Re: Back from Adventure Overland

Postby devonmaid » 26 Sep 2016, 17:06

We are home now after an overnight stop at Slimbridge, unfortunately Roger's cough returned with vengeance and we had very little sleep :cry:

On emptying the fridge I found the clotted cream that should have accompanied the lemon and whiskey cake :oops: Will have to bake some scones now to use it up.

Despite our trip to Warwick Hospital we enjoyed AO and the company of great friends :ok
devonmaid
 
Posts: 21
Joined: 11 Oct 2005, 11:08
Location: Plymouth
80-90 Mem No: 0

Re: Back from Adventure Overland

Postby irishkeet » 26 Sep 2016, 17:24

devonmaid wrote:We are home now after an overnight stop at Slimbridge, unfortunately Roger's cough returned with vengeance and we had very little sleep :cry:

On emptying the fridge I found the clotted cream that should have accompanied the lemon and whiskey cake :oops: Will have to bake some scones now to use it up.

Despite our trip to Warwick Hospital we enjoyed AO and the company of great friends :ok


Lovely to meet you, I missed the whiskey cake :roll: , I hope Rodger feels better soon
Keith :mrgreen:
User avatar
irishkeet
Trader
 
Posts: 2430
Joined: 30 Nov 2005, 13:26
Location: Cotton | Suffolk
80-90 Mem No: 2322

Re: Back from Adventure Overland

Postby pajefferies » 26 Sep 2016, 19:43

irishkeet wrote:Hello

Well I had a great weekend and it was lovely to put some faces to the names. The evening meal was fantastic, many thanks to everyone who supplied a wonderful spread. After many a conversation about vans I have come away with loads of ideas :mrgreen:

all the best
irishkeet


Great to meet you. We should start an Escorial Green syncro club ;-)

PS My solar panel is this one: http://www.wholesalesolar.co.uk/index.p ... 40-12.html - it's the 140Watt monocrystalline panel

PPS The guy that did my canvas is http://conceptpoptops.com/ but to be honest your canvas is fine so I'd leave that till much later once you've worn the existing one out.

Good luck with the refurb ;-)

All the best
Phil
User avatar
pajefferies
 
Posts: 6
Joined: 06 Mar 2009, 11:03

Re: Back from Adventure Overland

Postby jed the spread » 26 Sep 2016, 20:58

irishkeet wrote:
devonmaid wrote:We are home now after an overnight stop at Slimbridge, unfortunately Roger's cough returned with vengeance and we had very little sleep :cry:

On emptying the fridge I found the clotted cream that should have accompanied the lemon and whiskey cake :oops: Will have to bake some scones now to use it up.

Despite our trip to Warwick Hospital we enjoyed AO and the company of great friends :ok


Lovely to meet you, I missed the whiskey cake :roll: , I hope Rodger feels better soon
Keith :mrgreen:


I had loads :wink:

Dan and I got back this afternoon, It was great to spend some time with the Syncronauts family as always. Such an amazing thing to be part of.

Jed
CAMPERVANCULTURE.COM

VW T25 Van Spares, Westfalia Parts, Quality Camping Gear & More
jed the spread
Trader
 
Posts: 8993
Joined: 09 Oct 2005, 17:31
Location: Sutton in'it Syncronaut: 123
80-90 Mem No: 1967

Re: Back from Adventure Overland

Postby HarryMann » 27 Sep 2016, 00:43

Was as always there a laid back but not quite horizontal show
A time to wine and dine. A time to wind down as well from the driving side of the club.

Always good to meet socially before the end of the year and as Keith says, put names to new faces, exchange ideas and buy 'stuff' whether old tat or genuinely useful
stuff (like beer and chips)
Well the club acquired something useful for a song at close of play... all will be revealed at SP next year :)

MANY THANKS
... to all our club officials and helpers before and on the day. For making stuff, bringing stuff and manning stuff.
Esp. Fiona, David, Matt, Sean, Julia, Andy, Vanessa, Sharon & Pete, Jenny.
Plus all those I forgot
User avatar
HarryMann
Admin/Mod
 
Posts: 9325
Joined: 30 Sep 2005, 11:40
Location: Herts, UK
80-90 Mem No: 379

Re: Back from Adventure Overland

Postby bat » 27 Sep 2016, 09:28

Hi all, thank you for a lovely weekend.
Good to put more faces to names.
Hope the Ford people carrier wasn't too much of embarrassment amongst the vans. :oops:
Thanks for the nice food. alcohol and most of all the good company. :ok

Regards Sheila and Gary
http://www.thebeast.blog/
Sheila's & Gary’s long term project a 1988 RHD diesel syncro camper van.
User avatar
bat
 
Posts: 250
Joined: 15 May 2013, 10:50
Location: West Sussex
80-90 Mem No: 12385

Re: Back from Adventure Overland

Postby bene » 27 Sep 2016, 13:09

devonmaid wrote:We are home now after an overnight stop at Slimbridge, unfortunately Roger's cough returned with vengeance and we had very little sleep :cry:

On emptying the fridge I found the clotted cream that should have accompanied the lemon and whiskey cake :oops: Will have to bake some scones now to use it up.

Despite our trip to Warwick Hospital we enjoyed AO and the company of great friends :ok


I hope Roger is feeling better soon... lovely to see you both!
Any one for cricket? what what?
User avatar
bene
 
Posts: 834
Joined: 03 Jan 2014, 14:39
Location: gillingham, the med (as in medway)
80-90 Mem No: 13093

Re: Back from Adventure Overland

Postby Fabzzz » 27 Sep 2016, 20:13

yes. Excelent weekend thank you for the food and effort.

Hope Rog' get well soon so he can show us how is jap thing climb a muddy hill :)

Loads of good stuff bought from the show and even more ideas( i cannot sleep).

Hopefully see you all before new year for a quick camping somewhere.

thank you again !

Fab
If you want to follow the evolution of my van: http://www.flickr.com/photos/92871568@N04/8442806646/in/photostream
User avatar
Fabzzz
 
Posts: 520
Joined: 19 Oct 2012, 19:53
Location: Swadlincote
80-90 Mem No: 11842

Re: Back from Adventure Overland

Postby devonmaid » 28 Sep 2016, 18:44

Roger says 'MAN or Tatra 8 x 8 :wink:
devonmaid
 
Posts: 21
Joined: 11 Oct 2005, 11:08
Location: Plymouth
80-90 Mem No: 0

Next

Return to Past Events & Meets

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest